PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Summer Spyder Group Cruise(s)

HampRider
06-24-2014, 06:44 PM
I know we've tried before, sometimes we've even pulled it off - what's the thinking out there - Spyder Ryder's ? We have plenty of owners in the Central Maine area - let's do some rides, short, long - how about we start with a simple cruise to Boothbay for lunch this Sunday the 29th?
Or if you have another idea - post it and let's get Spydering!

spydaman60
06-24-2014, 06:59 PM
we're going to be up in maine for about 5 or 6 days camping at shorehills campground (boothbay area) from july26th through august 2nd. there will be at least 4 of us, possibly 5. if you're up for showing us some of your beautiful state, we're up for a tour guide. we are planning on hitting rockport and rockland for the lobster festival while we are there.:thumbup:

HampRider
06-24-2014, 07:07 PM
That sounds like a great idea, where are you from? First time to Maine on the Spyders? Brain is already trying to plan a route but would be good to know where you have not been, maybe a great opportunity to bring a welcoming committee to Bootbay- the local way of pronouncing

HampRider

spydaman60
06-24-2014, 07:31 PM
That sounds like a great idea, where are you from? First time to Maine on the Spyders? Brain is already trying to plan a route but would be good to know where you have not been, maybe a great opportunity to bring a welcoming committee to Bootbay- the local way of pronouncing

HampRideroriginally from nh, but living in nj and upstate ny now. have been to maine a whole bunch of times. (maybe close to 100) went to unh many moons ago and rode two wheels while in college. this will be the first trip with the spyder for all of us. I've done most of the maine coast to bar harbor, interior around rangley/assicahaus/parmacheny(sorry for slaughtering the spelling) and ridden plenty of times on sleds from millenocket to fort kent and caribou/holton area. all riding on the maine coast is great and I could ride the same areas many times and still enjoy it up there. been to the cellar door winery in Lincoln, it's all great!!! we're great followers when we're not leading, so we'll take you up on any ride.

HampRider
06-25-2014, 05:35 AM
Saw your profile - skidoo rider! I spend most every weekend in the backcountry on Northwestern Aroostook - have a camp on Eagle Lake just south of FK. let's plan a ride with some flexibility on weather

HampRider

spydaman60
06-25-2014, 06:45 AM
Saw your profile - skidoo rider! I spend most every weekend in the backcountry on Northwestern Aroostook - have a camp on Eagle Lake just south of FK. let's plan a ride with some flexibility on weather

HampRidersounds good to us! spydaman60 (chuck) spydagirl (carol) frksho (terri and husband glen) and possibly bob denman (you guessed it, bob denman) pm any of us and we'll organize it a little better as we get closer!:cheers:

Questions
06-25-2014, 08:43 AM
I know we've tried before, sometimes we've even pulled it off - what's the thinking out there - Spyder Ryder's ? We have plenty of owners in the Central Maine area - let's do some rides, short, long - how about we start with a simple cruise to Boothbay for lunch this Sunday the 29th?Or if you have another idea - post it and let's get Spydering!I would luv to group ride... however the Blessing of the bikes in Colebrook is this sunday as well

spydaman60
06-25-2014, 02:22 PM
I would luv to group ride... however the Blessing of the bikes in Colebrook is this sunday as wellI used to live in groveton about 25 miles south of there. we used to hit that every year on the two wheelers! they used to do it at the schrine. is it still there or are there too many bikes to hold it there anymore?

Abbot Spyder
06-26-2014, 05:48 AM
I'm in. Tell me where to meet and we will be there. :ani29:

safecracker
06-26-2014, 06:11 AM
Keep us posted......

rogerb
06-26-2014, 06:35 AM
Can't make it this weekend. Leaving for Nova Scotia on Monday for The Bluenose Rally with Winslow. That get together with spydaman 60 sounds like that would be fun. Keep us up to date and hopefully we can plan on a get together. Will be in Nova Scotia for a week.

HampRider
06-26-2014, 09:02 AM
The current Sunday forecast is sunny - let's meet at 10am This Sunday 6/29 and take some back roads to Bootbay for lunch. Throw out some votes on where we meet - Augusta Sears parking lot , Waterville ? Another option?

HampRider

Abbot Spyder
06-28-2014, 05:58 AM
Arthur (yellow gold wing) will meet me at Tim Horton in Newport 9.00am Sunday. Anybody else? Hamprider where do you want to meet? Maybe the parking lot at the Augusta civic center or anywhere. :ani29:

HampRider
06-28-2014, 12:42 PM
Let's do the Civic Center at 10 am ish- please confirm it you are coming so we know who to wait for- text me 592-5536
Abbott Spyder I'll consider you 2 confirmed

HampRider

Larry rt
06-28-2014, 01:36 PM
Just a heads up, the is going to be a group of us from Michigan visiting, around the week of the 7th. Is there any good place to get good lobster ?

HampRider
06-28-2014, 01:41 PM
Lopsta is Maine? You better bring it with you! 7th of July or August? Where are you headed Maine? There are some great places in Newcastle, Pemequid, Boothbay, etc.

HampRider

Larry rt
06-28-2014, 03:49 PM
July 7th week , we will be visiting (:

HampRider
06-29-2014, 07:09 AM
Boothbay bound 10am from the Augusta Civic center - all are welcome

HampRider

HampRider
06-29-2014, 03:30 PM
Great ride today with Mr &Nrs Abbott Spyder and Art & Deb on the Goldwing

We saw a few other Spyders on the road- someday we'll pull off a large group ride!

HampRider

Abbot Spyder
06-29-2014, 07:12 PM
Thank you Hampryder for the guided tour today, it's was fun and we saw the famous cow**** corner and yes it does exist. It was a beautiful day. We will be busy for a few week ends but hope to catch some more riding in August and September. :ani29:

sandman53
07-01-2014, 06:04 PM
I have a 2013 RT, love to ride. Machias,Me. Keep me informed. Sandman

rogerb
07-07-2014, 06:50 PM
spydermaan60 When you get to Rockland for the Lobster Festival and you have time head north to Fort Knox and the Observatory . The observatory is the only one of it's kind in the US. You ride the elevator to almost the top then you have to walk up two more stories. The view is beautiful. It is 45 miles from Rockland to Fort Knox. Another 40 miles will get you to Bar Harbor.

Abbot Spyder
07-19-2014, 06:06 AM
Remember last year a few of us went to Lac Megantic and came back by Jackman, and we were invited to the Moose lodge? There is another one this year. It's a rally. The dates are September 13 and 14, everybody is invited no mater what you ride. I won't be there because of another commitment. :ani29:

gorcutt
07-19-2014, 08:17 AM
Yes Abbot Spyder I remember, but will be in New York that weekend. It was a day to remember.

safecracker
07-20-2014, 09:50 PM
It was an interesting event, last year. Wife and i went to Woodstock, NB yesterday. Had a family reunion to attend. Bruce