PDA

View Full Version : I don't get it!!!!!!!!!

tplayer49
06-24-2014, 01:01 PM
Hi,

Can someone explain this? Okay, I get a new 25 inch Ultra touring windshield installed on my new 2014 STS Se5. It does not stay up in any position. I take it back... and the dealer tells me they have a call in to BRP. After a week I call BRP and they know nothing about it. BRP says I must leave it at the dealer to get it fixed. I must wait and leave the bike... waiting for parts to come in? I So I talk to the Service Manager this time and he says to bring it in again. Okay... the dealer tells me the same ... I must leave it there. It has been over a week now... and guess what. No parts yet. I want my bike back. Any info or suggestions to fix this?

Joe

ARtraveler
06-24-2014, 01:15 PM
A problem that we sometimes see. I have never been a fan of "holding a :spyder2: hostage" while waiting for parts.

Sometimes, there seems to be a "supply chain" issue when it comes to parts. Everyone is into JIT (just in time) parts delivery and ordering. That all works if the warehouse has the stuff. But these fine points seem to get lost in the shuffle a lot lately.

Also, there are times when BRP gets blamed when they are not at fault. I believe in the trust but verify method here. Sounds like you have been in contact with BRP in this case--so I go back to paragraph #2.

Sometimes they miss the fact that riding season can be short for some of us. Having our :ani29:'s non-usable while waiting for parts is a problem for sure.

Chupaca
06-24-2014, 01:22 PM
don't leave it if they don't have the parts. Found that stocking parts weather dealer, brp or supplier is a big problem. So before they tear it down find out if they have the parts in stock or know when they will. Check with other dealers or outside suppliers like cheapcycleparts.com..:gaah:

ARtraveler
06-24-2014, 02:13 PM
don't leave it if they don't have the parts. Found that stocking parts weather dealer, brp or supplier is a big problem. So before they tear it down find out if they have the parts in stock or know when they will. Check with other dealers or outside suppliers like cheapcycleparts.com..:gaah:

:agree: You nailed it!

Topshotta
06-24-2014, 02:30 PM
Dealer does not stock parts and BRP always have the parts on back order. Even the ones that are known to be an issue. I have been Waiting 2 weeks for a shifting switch.
I would not leave the :spyder2:At the dealer unless riding it would make things worst or a safety issue......

Oilslick1234
06-25-2014, 12:08 AM
Hi,

Can someone explain this? Okay, I get a new 25 inch Ultra touring windshield installed on my new 2014 STS Se5. It does not stay up in any position. I take it back... and the dealer tells me they have a call in to BRP. After a week I call BRP and they know nothing about it. BRP says I must leave it at the dealer to get it fixed. I must wait and leave the bike... waiting for parts to come in? I So I talk to the Service Manager this time and he says to bring it in again. Okay... the dealer tells me the same ... I must leave it there. It has been over a week now... and guess what. No parts yet. I want my bike back. Any info or suggestions to fix this?

Joe

I sold my Spyder and went back to a Gold Wing, but this time a Gold Wing Trike. It was the best and only logical move I could make. I am not sorry I did it.