PDA

View Full Version : RS on TV

bruiser
06-23-2014, 07:40 PM
Was watching the TV show Hacking the System on Natgeo. The host was talking about traffic lights and how to trip them. Specifically mag loop controlled lights. He was driving an RS. Pretty cool.

den1953
06-24-2014, 06:20 AM
Didn't get to see it. As for those magnetic induction loops for traffic lights what works for me (on my 2012 Victory Cross Country with aluminum frame) is to put the steel kickstand down directly on the loop strip. Works quite well and I quickly retract the kickstand as soon as I see the yellow light for the crossing traffic. I don't know what works for Can AM Spyders yet as I'm not on one yet but I believe they have a steel frame which is lower to the ground (closer to the loop). I have seen red light triggering gadgets being marketed that are actually magnets to help motorcycles trigger those loops but haven't seen any testing to prove whether or not they really work.

Bob Denman
06-24-2014, 06:49 AM
The Spyders have a steel frame, and lots of converter and muffler down low to the pavement... NO problems with tripping the lights! :D :2thumbs: