PDA

View Full Version : brake lever

j-mak
06-23-2014, 07:34 PM
new to the spyder, just picked up 2014 rts last weekend. is there any mod to move the brake pedal forward.

Denny B.
06-24-2014, 06:19 AM
That was my first question and the answer I got is "no". I call it the one big flaw in the design. My foot will not cock back enough to get over the pedal. I literally have to lift my leg (yeah, almost like a dog taking a whiz) to hit the brake. The aftermarket handbrake is a cool $1400 plus install. Nice, huh?

Bob Denman
06-24-2014, 07:46 AM
There actually ARE some folks that offer a pedal relocation bracket; primarily for floorboard use...
Take a look at ISCI. :thumbup: I think that they offer one for usage on the RS line-up.
It's worth a peek anyway...

Oh... :welcome: too!

EDIT: This might help...
http://www.isciride.com/iscirsparts.htm#brakelevers

Chupaca
06-24-2014, 06:23 PM
have seen the question and mentioned that they could custom build one seeing as I have not seen one. But recently I saw a modification requiring you to cut off the pad and drill two holes on the arm to bolt on an extended arm and pad. I extended mine outward shold be easy enough to do one forward..
90556 at least it hit the center of my foot this way and I can swing my heel in and out...good luck..!! :thumbup: