PDA

View Full Version : Tips on buying?

spyderchelle
06-23-2014, 06:50 PM
Do any of you ladies have any tips for buying a Spyder? I went to a dealership by myself over the weekend. I went in confident and felt like I knew what I was talking about. I was able to speak with the service guy while I waited for the salesman. When the salesman showed up, it was all over. The men were more interested in asking about my husband who has bought several motorcycles there over the years. They quickly lost any interest in making a sell.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk

ARtraveler
06-23-2014, 06:55 PM
Do any of you ladies have any tips for buying a Spyder? I went to a dealership by myself over the weekend. I went in confident and felt like I knew what I was talking about. I was able to speak with the service guy while I waited for the salesman. When the salesman showed up, it was all over. The men were more interested in asking about my husband who has bought several motorcycles there over the years. They quickly lost any interest in making a sell.

There is a lot of that going around. If the bad treatment starts before the sale--guess what you can expect later?

SpyderAnn01
06-23-2014, 07:00 PM
Jerks! Did you tell him you were there to buy a Spyder not your husband?

Chupaca
06-23-2014, 07:16 PM
go to another dealer who does not know your husband...:roflblack::roflblack:

Hecam17
06-23-2014, 07:34 PM
Extreme Propulsion in Cartersville GA, is just over 2 hours away, the only Platinum dealership in GA. Their staff is wonderful and helpful. I've said it before, I wish the guys closer to home were better- but they aren't so I drive a little farther. Either way get what you want. Good Luck

Yazz
06-23-2014, 07:38 PM

Been there, got that treatment, could write a book about it.

Go back, stand your ground, rattle their chains, don't let them lead the conversation. You are in charge.

Next time your hubby goes to the dealership, they'll be talking about you! :shemademe_smilie:

donec
06-23-2014, 07:41 PM
That behavior is totally unacceptable IMO.

Go back to the sales person tell them you are going to another dealer. That he has lost a sale due to his attitude and because it was you that was interested in buying and not your husband and then leave. Or maybe you might ask for the manager and tell the manager then leave.

spyderchelle
06-23-2014, 07:53 PM
Will be going to another dealership 50 more miles away.
I hear there's a sales"woman" there.

tobor9
06-24-2014, 01:04 AM

I don't know where Fairplay,SC is or how far from Charleston,SC, but the people at Velocity PowerSports will treat you right,we've bought three :spyder2:'s from them(2 from Paul) and both their salespeople and PJ their service tech. are great. The dealership is in Ladson,SC just west of Charleston.

Charlotte17078
06-24-2014, 05:48 AM

That happened to me at a dealership when I was looking for my Spyder. My husband was there and the salesman talked to him and I could have been a fly on the wall. There was a younger salesman there, who did spend some time with me, but, it was too late. I thanked him for at least talking to me since I was buying the bike and was going to be the rider. We bought from another dealership who sold the bike to me. My husband was part of the conversation, but, I was clearly the customer at that dealership.

PrairieSpyder
06-24-2014, 08:32 AM
That behavior is totally unacceptable IMO.

Go back to the sales person tell them you are going to another dealer. That he has lost a sale due to his attitude and because it was you that was interested in buying and not your husband and then leave. Or maybe you might ask for the manager and tell the manager then leave.

I would amend this advice so as not to burn any bridges. Call the manager and tell him about your experience and that's why you are shopping at other dealers in the region, and if they want to participate in your purchase they still can but they'll have to earn your business. Tell them exactly what you want (model, extras, etc.) and they can offer a deal. Then shop at other dealers and get the best deal you can. But before you pull the trigger, contact your local guys again and see if they want to do better.

Before I traded up to my 2014 RTS, I considered a HD Tri-Glide. My local HD dealer is notorious for only taking MSRP, but a larger dealer in Kansas City was really ready to do business. I did it all over the phone and got my local dealer to come down a bit. I was actually waiting for them to get the model in that I wanted when I decided to stick with Spyder.

Stick to your guns! Good luck.

Jeriatric
06-24-2014, 08:59 AM
Last time something like this was reported here. Someone contacted, or, the dealership got wind of the complaint... some how? No matter. That dealership apologized here, publicly. Then, according to the OP. Everything went well from that point forward, and she ended up purchasing her spyder from them.

Finding an ethical and professional salesperson is half the battle of buying anything.

Best of luck to you.

:doorag:

CentralCoastCA
06-24-2014, 09:46 AM
Don't be afraid to speak up and tell any dealership it's "your" bike and "you" are the driver and you've spent the time researching it and deciding what you want. I walked from several dealerships that didn't understand that concept.

I bought a new RT in May and the dealership I found was really good about making sure both my hubby and I were included in all aspects of the sale.

Vrooom
06-24-2014, 10:26 PM
Those dealers don't get a second chance with me. I'm not there to educate them or improve their social and selling skills. If they are incompetent in those areas, I don't hold out hope for improvement in service either.