PDA

View Full Version : Special Thanks To Rnet, and Baja Ron

fas2000
06-23-2014, 04:54 PM
Hi guys,

I just wanted to give a special thanks to my new spyder buddy Ron, aka Rnet. I live in north jersey and i got the pleasure to ride my 08 GS up to his place in Accord NY and get an Oil Change, Sway Bar, Heim Joints and a USB charger installed. His prices were very reasonable and fair. What was really great was to get to see Ron at work. If I took my ride to the local BRP dealer i would not of had the chance. But I gotta say that i was also really pleased with the ride up there and getting to get some fresh country air :). I was also really impressed by his shop. Him and his son both were really nice and didnt mind me looking on, as many people dont like that. And his work is meticulous, really clean. Thx again!!

Next was Baja Ron. What a stand up guy.. I have been bothering him for over a month. But i finally got Heim joints, and an Oil Change Kit. Sometimes you feel that all you are to some people is a dollar bill, but these guys go above and beyond to make sure you are happy.

As for the Sway bar. Something definitely just felt right. A question to you guys. I felt that on my way home i had far less fatigue in my hands, especially the throttle hand. I felt I was mentally more into enjoying my ride and concentrating a bit less on controlling my ride. Was that just a placebo effect or do others share this same effect when installing the sway bar? I know the sway bar is suppose to be for cornering, but for some reason the ride just felt so right. the only thing that bothered me was at times the belt wobbling. I suppose that will be my next upgrade with smoothspyder :).

Enjoy

FAS

Dan_Ashley
06-23-2014, 05:19 PM
Me too!

Bob Denman
06-23-2014, 05:44 PM
Glad to hear that they transformed your ride into a MUCH more enjoyable one! :2thumbs:
(But we already knew that they could do that! :D)

Tango
06-23-2014, 08:49 PM
Did you buy the sway bar from BajaRon? Or Rnet? USB plug? :thumbup: Tom :trike:

cyclelover63
06-23-2014, 08:58 PM
Your feeling on the sway bar is correct..I bought Ron's sway bar for my 2009 GS and it was night and day improvement!

fas2000
06-24-2014, 03:16 PM
Did you buy the sway bar from BajaRon? Or Rnet? USB plug? :thumbup: Tom :trike:

Hi Tango,

I bought the sway bar from a lady in CA off the for-sale section. The joints i got from baja ron, and the oil and filters. The usb i got off of ebay.
I would note, when shopping for USB connector, i suggest you get one that puts out 2000ma and not 1000ma. Its easy to overlook this point. The 1000ma charges much slower, or just maintains a charge where the 2000ma is faster. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

Thx
Fas

oldguyinTX
06-24-2014, 03:23 PM
I am seeing Ron on 7/1 to install a BajaRon sway bar & heim links, as well as a laser alignment. The time is passing too slowly, I want it to be July 1 tomorrow!

Vidman
06-24-2014, 05:14 PM
I am seeing Ron on 7/1 to install a BajaRon sway bar & heim links, as well as a laser alignment. The time is passing too slowly, I want it to be July 1 tomorrow!

Me too.....1/2 hour later. Getting antsy.

eagleeye299
06-24-2014, 05:24 PM
Ron and his sons did my sway bar a few weeks ago. Big differnce in the ride. They also put on my Web Boards, Spyder Pops Skid Plate, and new wheels. Great people to work with. :yes::yes::yes::yes:

Bob Denman
06-24-2014, 05:25 PM
July 1st is a Tuesday... http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_12_12.gif
What time will you guys be there? :dontknow:
I might have to try and sneak out of the office for an hour or so... :thumbup:

Woodsrider
06-24-2014, 05:37 PM
Ron's heim links are a thing of beauty, I almost want another set just to show off on my desk.....Sad to think of them just hiding under the spyder, but I'm really glad I'm not depending on plastic for a link.

eagleeye299
06-24-2014, 06:06 PM
I was thinking of taking my old bar and hanging some old Hemi links off of it and making a wind chime. That's about all they are good for.:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Tango
06-24-2014, 06:47 PM
Hi Tango,

I bought the sway bar from a lady in CA off the for-sale section. The joints i got from baja ron, and the oil and filters. The usb i got off of ebay.
I would note, when shopping for USB connector, i suggest you get one that puts out 2000ma and not 1000ma. Its easy to overlook this point. The 1000ma charges much slower, or just maintains a charge where the 2000ma is faster. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

Thx
Fas

Thank you. I need to get this done also. :thumbup: Tom :trike:

Cleg
06-24-2014, 07:24 PM
Must say, Rnet is a stand up guy. Both he sand his son do nice work. Look forward to seeing them at Spyderquest 14 in September. :yes::bowdown::2thumbs:

Dan McNally
06-25-2014, 10:37 AM
My Baja Ron Sway Bar paid for itself on a five day ride through the Blue Ridge Mountains and the "Back of the Dragon" last week . . . such an improvement in the ride!