PDA

View Full Version : Rant

bruiser
06-23-2014, 04:32 PM
Gotta get this of my mind.

Last week we had an e-mail outage on Time Warner. They are our ISP. It didn't resolve itself until yesterday. Six days without reliable e mail service. I have gmail as a backup and mainly use it for ads and other stuff. Calls to TW didn't yield any answers other than "we're working on it". They won't give us a credit for the outage because it wasn't their fault. After discussing with friends and neighbors we decided to change to AT&T. Wife made the calls and after discussing options and costs we decided to go with them. They were supposed to be here this morning between 9am and 11 am for the install. At noon the wife called AT&T to see where the tech was. Thus began 47 minutes of phone time. The first person said she couldn't find our phone number listed. After some time on hold she came back and said she found it but no work order. The Wife gave her the work order number and the confirmation number she received last week from AT&T.

Again, after holding, the girl came back on line and said she found the work order number but the appointment had been missed. The wife said we were here and no one showed up. The girl said that they use several different dispatchers so she doesn't know who dropped the ball. She switched the wife over to a customer service rep. Uh, who was she talking too the first time? Holding another amount of time. CSR comes on. She can't find the work order either. Doesn't know who handled it. Oh yeah, they hadn't called TW to see if they if they could transfer our phone number to AT&T. Wasn't that supposed to have been done already, like last week? She can reschedule the appointment for July 1st. I told the wife to cancel all of it.

Oh, we can't do that? Oh, you'll give us $100.00 off the install? You can bundle our services for $20 less than originally quoted? Why are you doing this now? You are trying to help us out? Then the CSR said she could see if she could squeeze the install in today. No, I have an appointment and my husband has work he needs to get done. We already lost half the day over your mistakes. Ok, so now you can't do the install until July 1st.

Forget it. Cancel the order. What's that? You want to transfer us to someone else? No thanks, have a nice day.

Dan_Ashley
06-23-2014, 04:35 PM
Be thankful you were dealing with ATT and not Verizon. Verizon is even worse!

Bob Denman
06-23-2014, 04:50 PM
:shocked: Don't you love it when they say that they can't find something...
And you've got the number right in front of you?

I like to ask how they get to work; they're obviously too blind to drive! :gaah:
THAT's when the conversation starts getting real! :D :2thumbs:

Dan McNally
06-23-2014, 05:14 PM
Customer Service no longer exists . . . :banghead:

ARtraveler
06-23-2014, 05:20 PM
Customer Service no longer exists . . . :banghead:

:agree: x 2.

Bob Denman
06-23-2014, 05:53 PM
Let's be accurate... :D
Call it what it is: "Customer Dis-Service!" :gaah:

JustDennis
06-23-2014, 05:56 PM
I have similar issues with Charters email service. This week I started switching my email account to a standalone service. They seem to work better. Gmail outlook etc

Ride Safe,
JustDennis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

finless
06-23-2014, 06:41 PM
Time Warner is pissing me off... I am going to have to change myself. The Email issue was country wide and we had it too.

What pisses me off is this. I was one of their first BETA testers of cable internet. It was super fast. Then after 6 months we went on the plan. $29 a month. Since then (2000 as I recall) it slowly went up to $39 a month. This is with TV too. So I have been a 20 year customer! That doesn't mean sh*t to them (can you tell I am pissed off?).

Now they are offering to new customers internet only for $19 and not an introductory price! I called and said "WHY AM I PAYING $39, crappy service that gone down hill, and I WANT IT FOR $19".... NOPE, they wont do it. You have to leave for over 60 days and then you can come back and get $19.

SCREW THAT! If I switch I wont be coming back!

Time Warner sucks recently which is why they might be selling to Comcast. If the SCC allows it.

Bob

Chupaca
06-23-2014, 07:36 PM
they can't find anything because they aren't even in this country....or city...or state....:roflblack::roflblack:

bruiser
06-23-2014, 08:03 PM
The one girl or lady said she was in Rochester NY. They both did speak understandable English. What's somewhat funny is that there is an AT&T call center 2 miles down the road from our house.

jcthorne
06-24-2014, 07:12 AM
CS is bad for all of them.

A suggestion is that you quit using the pathetic email services bundled from your ISP and get a decent email service.

We use Google Aps for Business. Provides us 30 email accounts on our own domain name. Email can be accessed via GMAIL client on android/pc or using MS Outlook or other email software. Cost for us is $10 a year. Been with them for 5 yrs now and only a couple of VERY short term outages and NO email lost. Very good managed spam filtering too.