PDA

View Full Version : Battery wires?

viperryder
06-23-2014, 01:10 PM
Am replacing my original battery and I have three wires. Two are black and the other is two lager red wires. I assume the red goes to the positive terminal and the others I don't know where they go. Any help?
2011 RTS SE5
Want to make sure I don't blow any circuits on the Spyder. Help,please. Thanks:banghead::banghead:

Highwayman2013
06-23-2014, 01:22 PM
Red is + or Positive. Black is - or Negative. The wires should fall naturally to the proper posts. On my 2012 the positive + post is toward the front of the bike. Please be careful. If some one had a picture that would be helpful.

Cruzr Joe
06-23-2014, 03:43 PM
Am replacing my original battery and I have three wires. Two are black and the other is two lager red wires. I assume the red goes to the positive terminal and the others I don't know where they go. Any help?
2011 RTS SE5
Want to make sure I don't blow any circuits on the Spyder. Help,please. Thanks:banghead::banghead:

:hun: three wires ..... two are black ...... two are larger red ........ that equals four wires, you confused me. (But that's not hard to do)

Cruzr Joe

Chupaca
06-23-2014, 03:51 PM
as stated above red goes to + positive and black-goes to negative but to be safe always connect the red wires to + first. The the black ones. This will avoid shorting out systems or blowing fuses...:lecturef_smilie:

viperryder
06-23-2014, 04:20 PM
My mistake. Two red wires are going to one terminal. On the plus terminal goes a red rubber boot. This boot has two holes for wires. This leads me to believe that there should be two wires going to the positive terminal. Sorry for confusion.:bowdown::bowdown: