PDA

View Full Version : He's Not Crazy! They won't fit!

Magic Man
09-17-2008, 04:37 PM
We just received the H7 HID kit that Daddydarko purchased on ebay.

He is 100% correct! This kit will not fit a Spyder in 100 years.

BRP redesigned the bulb hold down system with their own unique clip style bulb holder. This clip is nothing like the "normal" type of hold down system used by most other companies for H7 bulbs.

It is this "unique clip" that makes the Spyder so different, and what makes this other system from ebay not work.

The BRP clip requires a bulb with an oval shape base to fit inside of this clip. This "brand X" kit has a very large round rubber base that would never fit inside the BRP clip in 100 years.

What is most interesting in all of this is, James said this ebay vendor put in writting to him that "this kit fits 100%, that he had put this kit on his own SpIder" Maybe that's it? He has a SpIder and James has a SpYder? It's that whole "Y Factor" thing. LOL! ;)

I don't care who you are, this kit will never fit inside the BRP clip so you will never be able to install it in a Spyder.

However if you have a SpIder... well maybe it might work for you? LOL!

It's like the old saying says.. "The bitterness of poor quality last long after the sweetness of low price is gone!"

Below are some pictures showing the difference in these two HID bulb designs. The oval design bulb is from the NMN kit and it just barely fits in the BRP clip as it is. The large round "brand X' bulb you see would never fit inside the BRP hold down clip unless you can perform "magic."

But, we all know there is "No Magic" in how any of this works. LOL! :D

It's just science, engineering, and design. :thumbup:

MM

64 65

boogllasti
09-17-2008, 05:53 PM
But he still could be crazy for other reasons? Right? :D:joke:

It's been so long since I installed my HID kit that I can't remember everything exactly - but I do know I had to break one 'clip' off from that BRP mount to get my set to fit - along with some bending. After that it did insert fine with the 'twist to lock' working.

I was lucky to have an extra set of stock BRP headlights laying around to test things out on!

Good info for all to have handy.

Caveat emptor !