PDA

View Full Version : No more sore butt and only cost $25

WashingtonApple
06-21-2014, 11:10 PM
I read that some people were using Costco's memory foam seat cushions on their motorcycle seats to improve comfort, so I thought I'd give it a try on my 2013 Spyder ST. Not a huge investment as they cost $19.99 at Costco (in store only), I figured if it doesn't work on the bike it'll certainly work in my office. I layed one on my stock Spyder seat, set on it and was very impressed with the comfort level. But it seemed like it could easily fall off when I got on and off the bike despite having a grippy rubber material on the bottom. So I bought some black elastic bandage similar to an Ace bandage ($5) at the drug store, and sewed 2 lengths to the cushions removable cover to run under my seat to secure it. I rode over 200 miles today with not a bit of the discomfort I usually get. Well worth the money.

Chupaca
06-21-2014, 11:19 PM
necessity is the mother of invention. You did good and can enjoy the fruits of your labor..congrats..!! :2thumbs::clap::ohyea:

jerpinoy
06-22-2014, 01:37 AM
I should try it.

ARtraveler
06-22-2014, 02:31 PM
Another option to consider. A good price too. :yes:

WashingtonApple
06-24-2014, 07:10 AM
So far so good. Only downsides I see is they aren't waterproof so not rain friendly, and they also somewhat interfere with gripping the tank hard with your thighs.

StanProff
06-24-2014, 07:30 AM
I have a similar product from walmart. used it a couple of years and it is well worth the 19.95 I paid. Only use it on longer trips, the Stock seat and I get along great but sitting on anything for 3 or 4 hours with limited movement will get uncomfortable. The memory foam makes a big difference relieving the pressure points after 3 or 4 hours in the saddle. I ride mostly without it and after a few hours I throw it on the seat and I am good the rest of the day. :thumbup:

Bob Denman
06-24-2014, 07:41 AM
Glad to hear that there's a "Wally-Mart" alternative! :thumbup:

DrewNJ
06-24-2014, 08:02 AM
Glad it's working out for you! However, I have to admit that seat "looks" VERY uncomfortable! .... :D

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

WashingtonApple
06-25-2014, 08:23 PM
I have had a couple of people ask about this cushion and heres a few more details: The brand name is WinPlus and its called the Ultimate Gel Seat Cushion. Its made for office chairs but I had read about people using it for their motorcycle seats on a Harley Davidson forum I also read as I have a 2004 HD Sportster 1200C as well as a Spyder. Its not a perfect fit custom solution but it can certainly make long trips more tolerable for a few bucks.

Amazon carries them (see link below) and sometimes you can find them on ebay cheaper, but Costco is still the cheapest I have found.

http://www.amazon.com/Winplus-win-31313-Ultimate-Seat-Cushion/dp/B00BZ8UC86/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1403745495&sr=8-1&keywords=ultimate+gel+seat+cushion