PDA

View Full Version : Vermont?

900Dave
06-21-2014, 04:50 PM
I am planning a very short trip to Vermont. I will leave SE PA, and ride up spend one day in Vermont and ride back. What part of Vermont is a "must ride" area. Only have one day up there so I do not want to waste it.

Bob Denman
06-21-2014, 05:42 PM
We stayed at this place...
First Class place run by the nicest folks you'd ever want to meet...
http://www.innweston.com/

kentompkins
06-21-2014, 06:06 PM
For me, one of the best roads to ride in VT is Route 100. Wonderful twisties, farms, meadows, streams -- mile after mile. See here:

http://www.linkvermont.com/route100_vermont.php

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vermont_Route_100

or google it.

It winds from the very south to the final north. Almost all E - W roads cross it. Enjoy.

ken tompkins

SPYD1
06-21-2014, 06:09 PM
Was just on that route. Awesome beautiful country!

Eagle1
06-21-2014, 07:22 PM
Hi, we used to live in Vermont. If you come into Vt at the bottom on old rte 5 it will take you north on nice country roads, to Wells River then you can take rte 302 to the west to Burlington, then rte 7 south to the bottom of the state. This is a nice ride along two lane country roads. Have a good ride.:2thumbs:
Let us know what route you decide to take.

SPYD3R
06-21-2014, 07:31 PM
RIDE Rt. 100 South to North & Rt. 7 back South..... YOU WILL NEVER REGRET IT, AND ALWAYS REMEMBER IT....
Dan P
Easley, SC
SPYD3R

900Dave
06-21-2014, 08:05 PM
We stayed at this place...
First Class place run by the nicest folks you'd ever want to meet...
http://www.innweston.com/

I will keep this place in mind and see if it works out. We are not planning on making reservations. Just ride until we feel it is time to stop, eat and rest.

BLUEKNIGHT911
06-21-2014, 08:07 PM
I currently live in VT. and there are some truly awesome roads here .....Not the ones mentioned however.....The truly great roads for the most part are in the northern half of the State. They are less traveled , hence smoother , less troopers :thumbup: :clap: :gaah:........and generally just better IMHO......Mikeguyver :thumbup:............:spyder::spyder::spyder:If you are interested in a list PM me :2excited:

900Dave
06-21-2014, 08:10 PM
For me, one of the best roads to ride in VT is Route 100. Wonderful twisties, farms, meadows, streams -- mile after mile. See here:

http://www.linkvermont.com/route100_vermont.php

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vermont_Route_100

or google it.

It winds from the very south to the final north. Almost all E - W roads cross it. Enjoy.

ken tompkins

This is what I was looking for. This will be our first time to Vemont. This road looks awsome!:2thumbs:

900Dave
06-21-2014, 08:13 PM
RIDE Rt. 100 South to North & Rt. 7 back South..... YOU WILL NEVER REGRET IT, AND ALWAYS REMEMBER IT....
Dan P
Easley, SC
SPYD3R

I think we have a plan, 7 south looks good.

Eagle1
06-21-2014, 08:26 PM
I think we have a plan, 7 south looks good.

This route is also a good ride, good one spydr3.
Ride Safe.

vtrider
06-22-2014, 02:39 AM
I live in Vermont and always enjoy touring the country roads. It sounds like you will have a short time out here, but take in what you can and enjoy your trip! :thumbup:

Bob Denman
06-22-2014, 07:50 AM
Route 7 is a nice ride too! :D
We came South on that from Lake Champlain once. :2thumbs:

BLUEKNIGHT911
06-22-2014, 05:55 PM
:clap:,...I have entertained Spyderlover's ( plus some of their buddies :roflblack: ) in the past so I'll throw this out to you also. Not only will I send you ' THE LIST " I'll also throw in some food and lodging and entertainment ( :gaah: :roflblack: :yes: )......since you will probably be going by my house. I know I would have concerns about the LODGING from a total stranger so shoot " MURPHY BROWN " ( KARYL ) A PM and get the straight skinny on the food and digs available.......I'm fairly certain I'll be home during your time frame. I have a Bull Dog ( see avatar ) and a short hair cat both extremely friendly. A garage , tools blah blah blah......Also I'll pay as much or as little attention to you as you wish.................PM me again......Mike :thumbup:

Deanna777
06-22-2014, 06:19 PM
I also live in Central Vermont, try RTE 302 East to West, it has some twisty`s and beware of the MOOSE, Deer on any Route that you take. Also try RTE. 100 North to South.

Also, Try Route 17 which is Waitsfield,( goes up over a mountain by Sugar bush/Mad river Glen Ski Areas) this road has a lot of Twisty's. Then goes into Bristol, Then to Route 22A to Middlebury, or continue to New York To Route 9N head towards Lake George.

Places to stay try bed/breakfast places.

You can pm me also, for more info.

Deanna777

Larry rt
06-22-2014, 07:37 PM
Hope you have a great ride! There is a group of us coming

Larry rt
06-22-2014, 07:41 PM
Hit wrong key): if you post good routes when you return , would appreciate it! There is a group of us going through Vermont , July 4th , from Michigan , will be staying in Colchester for a couple of days .

900Dave
06-22-2014, 07:48 PM
Hope you have a great ride! There is a group of us coming

July 4th! You will be there before me.

900Dave
06-22-2014, 07:53 PM
We have to take this all in and think about what we want to do. We have a month until we leave.

SPYD3R
06-22-2014, 08:06 PM
WHATEVER ROUTES YOU TAKE... ENJOY YOURSELVES, AND RIDE SAFELY....
POST PIX OF YOUR RIDE upon completion....
Dan P
Easley, SC
SPYD3R

Deanna777
06-23-2014, 06:04 PM
Take Route 100 thru Stowe, in the center of town, take RTE 108 up over Smugglers Notch, a lot of Twisty's and nice views ( This road is closed in the Winter) but it is open now. Deanna777:ohyea::ohyea::ohyea::ohyea:

900Dave
06-23-2014, 06:30 PM
Take Route 100 thru Stowe, in the center of town, take RTE 108 up over Smugglers Notch, a lot of Twisty's and nice views ( This road they close in the Winter) but it is open now. Deanna777:ohyea::ohyea::ohyea::ohyea:

I have heard of it (as far as skiing) But did not think about riding across it. Thanks! :thumbup:

Deanna777
06-25-2014, 04:59 PM
I have heard of it (as far as skiing) But did not think about riding across it. Thanks! :thumbup:There is some nice restaurants in Stowe on the mountain Road towards RTE 108. Do a web search for Stowe. Deanna777:ohyea:

900Dave
07-25-2014, 08:07 PM
Finally made it up here! Now where to go Saturday. Mike we should be going by you're place early. Are you still available?
Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

BLUEKNIGHT911
07-25-2014, 10:06 PM
Finally made it up here! Now where to go Saturday. Mike we should be going by you're place early. Are you still available?
Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk
We were wondering if we were going to here from you......................I don't know if you are going to read this before you go to bed :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack:............and you are not saying where you are ' UP HERE " ........CALL ME EARLY ......MIKE

900Dave
07-26-2014, 05:28 AM
We were wondering if we were going to here from you......................I don't know if you are going to read this before you go to bed :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack:............and you are not saying where you are ' UP HERE " ........CALL ME EARLY ......MIKE

We are in killington at The Inn at Six Mountains.

BLUEKNIGHT911
07-26-2014, 06:47 PM
We are in killington at The Inn at Six Mountains.
:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes: :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::c lap:and Dave did call me at 8 AM.....came up to Moretown ....Then we drove through some of what I consider nice smooth ' TWISTIES " into New Hampshire ate some Darn good :bbq:( at least for the northeast :roflblack: )....Then headed thru Crawford Notch ....Drove by Mt Washington on the wrong side ( my fault ) we wanted to drive to the Top but like I just said we where on the wrong side :gaah:.....Did take a little known side road that I think really rocks ......kind of like the ' DRAGON " ONLY FASTER :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:......Then picked up the " KANKAMANGUS (?) " and back to Vt...........They couldn't stay for dinner so they went back to Killington..................I enjoyed their coming to visit , and they plan to come back in the early FALL.....They wanted to do SPYDERQUEST ,,but work prevented that.................Mikeguyver :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

900Dave
07-26-2014, 08:42 PM
Thanks Mike & D for being our tour guide for the day. So we did not get to Mount Washington, but that gives us another reason to come back.
Sent by Dave using Tapatalk