PDA

View Full Version : Jerber question about bicycling

wyliec
06-21-2014, 03:32 PM
I thought you mentioned to me that you owned a bike repair shop and bicycled. I have a question about gear.

Up until this year I mountain biked and wore helmet, gloves, long pants, short sleeves, and elastic speed laced shoes. I'm now riding asphalt around a lake (no motor vehicles). I thought this would be more relaxing; but, it seems others don't watch and could step out or ride in front of you when you're passing. There are a few inclines/declines where you can build up speed, and this is where I foresee a problem. Also, no one seems to announce when they are passing.

What type of gear do you or did you use on the street; I don't mean brand. The other day I wore laced sneakers and I felt the front sprocket tug on the loop a few times; that could be very dangerous.

Thanks

Jeriatric
06-21-2014, 04:22 PM
I use a dual purpose pedal on some of my bikes. One side accepts street shoes and the other accepts 'spd clipless' shoes.

spd clipless shoes have a recessed cleat. Which means they serve near the same function as street shoes for walking, but still allow cliping in.

Helmet? I always wear one.

"Laces flipping around chain ring." When I wear tennis shoes. I double knot them to shorten them up.

Hope this helps a bit. Be safe and enjoy your new riding corse.

Chupaca
06-21-2014, 04:56 PM
but the wife is a cycler and never mastered the clip style so has the toe strap with tennis laced double bowed. Cycling shorts and jersey. If cool wears removable sleeves and half gloves. Helmet and visor always..:dontknow: