PDA

View Full Version : Couple questions about cost of adding (2) accessories to brand new RT

UNCLEDAVE
06-21-2014, 06:06 AM
What's typical cost (parts & labor) to have your dealer install below items (before delivery) to a brand new 2014 Spyder RT?:

Backrest
Fog lights

Thanks!

Un. Dave

harrypottar
06-21-2014, 07:39 AM
I don't think there is a typical has every dealer is different, if it's not too late see if you can get them has part if the deal. When I got my 2012 it was still in the create so I they said any thing I add before the build was free install.

harry

Magdave
06-21-2014, 07:51 AM
If you buy BRP's backrest no labor it just plugs in. Utopia labor 1-2hrs. The fogs are ~$600-700 installed depends on the dealer.

Chupaca
06-21-2014, 08:04 AM
will depend on the parts being oem or aftermarket and who does the work. Best call around your are for labor prices and check our sponsors for parts prices. Don't have a shop manual for your model but it has flat rates to get you the timesfor installation....:thumbup:

Michiganspyderman
06-22-2014, 08:15 AM
What's typical cost (parts & labor) to have your dealer install below items (before delivery) to a brand new 2014 Spyder RT?:

Backrest
Fog lights

Thanks!

Un. Dave

My dealer wanted 1/2 hour labor - had not installed one on a 2014 yet. Did it myself in 45 minutes. Not just a plug and play - just follow the directions included - simple. If doing again, it would take 20 minutes tops.

Bob Denman
06-22-2014, 09:26 AM
If this is going to be made part of the sale; why not dicker with him a bit over it? Have him throw in the labor for the foglights... :2thumbs:
Or even the foglights themselves; if you're a really great "Horse-Trader"! :D

Happy Hunting! :thumbup:

ScooterJeff
06-22-2014, 10:26 AM
The dealer I buy from generally won't deal much on service dept. labor because that's a "different side of the business". But they are always willing to deal on the cost of accessories added to make a sale. The BRP backrest can be easily added by the customer, if needed. It's not just plug-'n-play the first time. There is a bracket that has to be installed on the under-side of the seat before the backrest can be just plugged-in.

PrairieSpyder
06-22-2014, 10:36 AM
The dealer I buy from generally won't deal much on service dept. labor because that's a "different side of the business". But they are always willing to deal on the cost of accessories added to make a sale. The BRP backrest can be easily added by the customer, if needed. It's not just plug-'n-play the first time. There is a bracket that has to be installed on the under-side of the seat before the backrest can be just plugged-in.

That's a standard sales department line. If you get that you should talk to someone higher up.

Bob Denman
06-22-2014, 12:50 PM
:agree: :2thumbs:
That's just about the most negotiable thing that they've got! :D

ARtraveler
06-22-2014, 02:23 PM
I would say Utopia a half hour or less. (2014) It took me about 45 minutes--but I am non mechanical and slow. Pop the tab, shave it, cut a slit, attach the bottom plate/bracket (4 screws), and attach backrest to bracket (1 bolt/nut).

Fog lights right on.

Dealers are going to base installation on their shop rate. They are a bit open on negotiation when it comes to new accessories. I had A- frame and trunk light installed--we negotiated 1.5 hours total time for those items.