PDA

View Full Version : Glasses fogging up.

zzneonzz
09-16-2008, 10:22 AM
With the cooler weather aproaching the mornings have been in the 50's the past couple days and i'm having problems with my glasses fogging up. The visor on my helmet doesn't seem to fog but my glasses do. So my question is what do you use to keep your glasses from fogging up?

jedd
09-16-2008, 10:29 AM
Neon thats a tough one just for that reason I went to contact lenses for snowmobiling. Been wearing them for 24 years now, it is frustrating I'd be interested in a solution also.:dontknow:
Jim

mike3069
09-16-2008, 10:36 AM
Try cracking your visor open a bit.

Also,
i used to use something called "Cat Crap" back when I spent winters in Vermont. It worked pretty good.

NancysToy
09-16-2008, 11:47 AM
I do crack my visor when I can, and it helps if moving. I can only hold my breath so long when I stop, though. Some helmets are worse than others in this regard. I think it is a function of the ventilation, and the type and placement of any nose guard. A wind curtain at the chin makes things worse. I fear using anything on my glasses, since they have an anti-glare coating already. My optometrist concurs, warning that anti-fog compounds will probably compromise the existing coating, or render it useless. If you come up with a solution, we will all be eager to hear it. Meanwhile, some mornings I just take off my glasses to ride. Better blurry than blind.
-Scotty

sabunim5
09-16-2008, 12:21 PM
Cracking the visor and exhaling through your mouth. A helmet with a better nose guard. When it gets cold enough to wear a "Gator" they are very good at deflecting the exhaled breath from your nose down and away from your glasses. It doesn't get cold enough for a Gator here in Fla. too often. Until it does I keep my visor cracked and try and remember to direct my breath down and out through my mouth when stopped for any reason. Glasses have saved my eyes too many times for me to switch to contacts. Good Luck:thumbup: Ryde Safe and Enjoy
sabunim5:spyder:

Spanky
09-16-2008, 12:39 PM
I think BRP should fix this problem under warranty.

I don't have this problem.

:joke:

Bersquack
09-16-2008, 12:49 PM
Spanky, neon has glasses fogging up, does not mean it's a BRP issue. It could just be poor helmet air circulation.

zzneonzz
09-16-2008, 12:56 PM
Its not really an issue when moving since there is enough airflow but when stopped the fog up almost instantly. Cracking the visor does help to an extend was just looking for an alternative.

johnboyjohn.pretious
09-16-2008, 01:49 PM
Try a little dab of liquid soap,smear allover both sides of the lens and polish off with a soft cloth. Dont wet it!!!
Works in the UK.:thumbup:

Star Cruiser
09-16-2008, 02:02 PM
I use a product called Zooke Lens Cleaner and Anti-Fog. It works well. I used it on the visor on my Hockey Helmet as well and it was effective in the arena.

spyderbitten
09-16-2008, 02:05 PM
I use my BRP modular snowmobile helmet. It has a breath deflector that is vented to the outside. Looks like a fighter jet pilots oxygen mask. Helmet also has built in slide down tinted visor within the helmet.

Spanky
09-16-2008, 02:23 PM
Spanky, neon has glasses fogging up, does not mean it's a BRP issue. It could just be poor helmet air circulation.

Yes I know, that is why the joking emoticon is there but thanks for the clarification anyway.

NancysToy
09-16-2008, 05:59 PM
I use my BRP modular snowmobile helmet. It has a breath deflector that is vented to the outside. Looks like a fighter jet pilots oxygen mask. Helmet also has built in slide down tinted visor within the helmet.
Glad you mentioned this. I was going to comment on it, after seeing one, but I had never tried one. Wild helmet, for sure!
-Scotty

Arachnid
09-16-2008, 06:14 PM
The only thing that seems to work for me is to pop the visor all the way open when I stop and then crank it down when the light changes. Even this sometimes doesn’t work if I don't get it up quick enough.
Also the temperature, humidity combination play a roll in how fast the glasses fog.

Mike

gjco
09-16-2008, 06:26 PM
I had a roommate in college and he played on the hockey team and he told me that they use shampoo. when he would go out of town he would steal all the little bottles at the motel he could find.

wormy
09-16-2008, 06:49 PM
Clean visor with shaving cream.No water.

Bimjo
09-16-2008, 09:11 PM
I use a product called Zooke Lens Cleaner and Anti-Fog. It works well. I used it on the visor on my Hockey Helmet as well and it was effective in the arena.

+1 on the Zooke