PDA

View Full Version : Jim Potts Motor Group Feedback

Spyderltd78
06-18-2014, 05:14 PM
Looking for some feedback on your experiences at JP. I've mostly delt with Nielsen in Lake Villa, and have mostly been unimpressed. I'm looking to get a laser alignment and wondering if I should take the longer trip out to Woodstock. It's seems that JP is also $25 more for the work, but it's defiantly worth it if they are more detailed. Appreciate any of your feedback!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Macca
06-18-2014, 06:48 PM
I had my laser alignment done at Jim Potts and I actual waited a couple of weeks before deciding if the laser alignment made a difference. Today I can honestly say it did. My RT handles much smoother in the turns. Gator the service tech knows his stuff. I have the utmost confidence in their service.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

jvicker
06-18-2014, 06:54 PM
So what do laser alignments cost?

Spyderltd78
06-18-2014, 07:27 PM
Macca... Thanks for the feedback. Good to know that you felt a difference. Nielsen charges $95 for their alignment. From what I've read, if you have a 10' the alignment can make a big change in the way the bike tracks

trikermutha
09-25-2014, 10:14 AM
Looking for some feedback on your experiences at JP. I've mostly delt with Nielsen in Lake Villa, and have mostly been unimpressed. I'm looking to get a laser alignment and wondering if I should take the longer trip out to Woodstock. It's seems that JP is also $25 more for the work, but it's defiantly worth it if they are more detailed. Appreciate any of your feedback!

Jim Potts all the way in my book..Nielsens blew a 30K sale from the salesman getting in my facing telling me he didn't say this and that..I walked out..Never again..

Jim Potts all the way..Very helpful..

iSpyder123
09-25-2014, 10:28 AM
Jim Potts all the way in my book..Nielsens blew a 30K sale from the salesman getting in my facing telling me he didn't say this and that..I walked out..Never again..

Jim Potts all the way..Very helpful..

So basically you were a regular customer before this blow out?
What was so crucial that they lost a sale. I'm about to pull the trigger on one too and both those dealers are near me.
I talked to salesman there and he was more than accommodating to answer my questions as I tire kicked with him for 45 minutes.
I really like the guy at Nielsens. I want like to look out for any hidden sales dangers. Can you PM me if you don't want to go into details?

Cruzr Joe
09-25-2014, 10:35 AM
Generally a laser alignment is around $125.00.

Cruzr Joe

trikermutha
09-25-2014, 11:15 AM
So basically you were a regular customer before this blow out?
What was so crucial that they lost a sale. I'm about to pull the trigger on one too and both those dealers are near me.
I talked to salesman there and he was more than accommodating to answer my questions as I tire kicked with him for 45 minutes.
I really like the guy at Nielsens. I want like to look out for any hidden sales dangers. Can you PM me if you don't want to go into details?

PM sent..Your decision..good luck

iSpyder123
09-25-2014, 11:44 AM
PM sent..Your decision..good luck

I totally thank you for replying back here and in a PM. I will take your advice and let you know.
Maybe we'll bump into each other on the road. Not literally just figuratively speaking as I've only seen one Spyder rider in my area.

wis2013rtltd
09-25-2014, 12:25 PM

to Robs Performance in Johnson Creek Wi. Good operation with sharp techs. They do laser alignments, they did my 14'...

Y Blue
10-02-2014, 11:52 PM
How big of an impact the laser alignment will have is really dependent on how far off it is and how hard you ride to begin with. I ride hard but mine wasn't far off. I felt the impact but my hubby really felt it on his much more. His was further off and even though he doesn't ride quite as hard he's "more sensitive" ; ).

I'd absolutely recommend it. Our bikes go to Potts regularly and I'd consider them very well maintained.

recordingguy
10-03-2014, 06:27 AM
My 2 cents is that I would not do business with any other dealer but Jim Potts. He has done me very well. Never had to leave my bike for service without getting something to drive home. Gator is top dog. Bob