PDA

View Full Version : Newbie!

kk-rss
06-18-2014, 01:28 PM
Just purchased a RSS SE5 last weekend, I love it this far!!

Does anyone have any recommendations on the best taller windshield to get and speakers?

:thumbup:

Purple Guy
06-18-2014, 01:35 PM
:congrats: :welcome:

PrairieSpyder
06-18-2014, 01:53 PM
:congrats: & :nopic:

nikki.ullis
06-18-2014, 01:56 PM
I got the windshield from Cee Bailey (i'm 5'7" and I got the 25" windshield and its perfect for me and my 6'3" tall other half) and I love it. I also got a windshield thats two pieces so you can adjust it, i like it but i dont usually have it installed on the bike unless i'm going cruising on the boardwalk or something. Since its only like 5 screws its pretty easy to switch between the windshields whenever i want.

I also JUST got the JL Audio speakers & amp delivered today. They will be installed by Friday when I go down to Florida =D

Chupaca
06-18-2014, 02:34 PM
congrats on your new ryde..:nopic: I have the MSR windshield from Twisted Throttle 90232 works well..:2thumbs:

ARtraveler
06-18-2014, 02:46 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: on the new ryde. :thumbup:

islandspyder
06-18-2014, 02:50 PM
Bought a 2011 RT-S. Took my first 100 miler today and smiled most of the way. Fuel gauges are a bit misleading. The analog said empty and when I filled up it took 4.6 gallons. Anyway love the bike will never go back to two wheels again.

joebryanjr
06-18-2014, 02:59 PM
BRP has a couple of different touring windshields, I have the larger one and it really does a good job.

kk-rss
06-18-2014, 03:26 PM
:congrats: & :nopic:

Sure thing!! Let me figure this out!!! Yay, I did it!!!

PrairieSpyder
06-18-2014, 09:49 PM
Sure thing!! Let me figure this out!!! Yay, I did it!!!

Nice! :clap:

SpyderAnn01
06-18-2014, 11:25 PM
:welcome: and congrats on your new ride

Highwayman2013
06-19-2014, 04:23 AM
Welcome!:yes:

GloryRyders
06-19-2014, 05:15 AM
:welcome: and :congrats: on your new :spyder:.

tplayer49
06-19-2014, 05:24 AM
Just purchased a RSS SE5 last weekend, I love it this far!!

Does anyone have any recommendations on the best taller windshield to get and speakers?

:thumbup:
Hi,

Don't know why people get speakers. Do you really want music coming out of your bike? How about looking at the many devices that will stream bluetooth from your device directly to your helmet comm. system. Sena is a good product. I have these comms and they work well with good support from the Sena people.

Joe :sour:

Eagle1
06-19-2014, 06:26 AM
Hi, i have the taller windshield from brp and it is great. I would also recommend Sena, with blue tooth. You have separate music, GPS, phone calls and intercom for less money. :coffee:

kk-rss
06-19-2014, 08:14 AM
Hi,

Don't know why people get speakers. Do you really want music coming out of your bike? How about looking at the many devices that will stream bluetooth from your device directly to your helmet comm. system. Sena is a good product. I have these comms and they work well with good support from the Sena people.

Joe :sour:

Thanks for the advice, to be honest I'm not too familiar with bluetooth on my bikes. However you have me intrigued. I will look into it. Thank you!!!

kk-rss
06-19-2014, 08:21 AM
Hi, i have the taller windshield from brp and it is great. I would also recommend Sena, with blue tooth. You have separate music, GPS, phone calls and intercom for less money. :coffee:

Thanks for the reply I will look into both! I was researching brp shields first makes sense to stay with the manufacturer. :)

nikki.ullis
06-19-2014, 09:27 AM

I got the JL audio speaker pods and amp since we frequently go to parties with the bikes and go out for picnics, nice to be able to have a portable sound system. We also have seen someone use the JL audio and a projector to have a movie night out in the woods, i may try that...

As for helmet comm/bluetooth music, i have http://www.cyclegear.com/CycleGear/Accessories/Electronics/Bike-to-Bike-Communication/brand/UCLEAR/HBC100-Plus-Bluetooth-Communication-System---Dual/p/44092_00000
my other half and i can talk if we need to, it also connects to my phone so i can get calls and it connects to my music app on the phone so i can listen to music on the highway.