PDA

View Full Version : Whom has modified the OEM

wis2013rtltd
06-17-2014, 12:59 PM
exhaust on a 14' RT, and if so could you please share the details and your feedback.

My goal is to increase the audible sound of the bike to a deeper tone, not obscene so it sounds like rocks in a coffee can, but others can hear in order to increase our audible presence to those around us.

We are considering the following:

1. Leave stock muffler in place and install cat bypass.
2. Install cat bypass and install two brothers muffler
3. Install cat bypass and install akropovic muffler
4. Leave cat in place and install either akropovic or two brothers muffler.

The Akropovic is spendy at $1,000, but the Two Brothers seems to need periodic maintenance not required of the Akropovic, and I am unsure if both the cat bypass and aftermarket muffler together no matter the brand will throw off the stock computer settings and cause engine trouble.

I look forward to your feedback and or any videos with the sound.-Thanks!!!!

Bob Denman
06-17-2014, 01:27 PM
I think that if you look back through this section, you can find a couple of exhaust video comparisons... :2thumbs:
Happy hunting! :D

ulflyer
06-17-2014, 01:34 PM
I did your #1 as I wanted a little more sound but not as much as an aftermarket muffler. It gives a moderate throaty sound which is all I wanted. As to mufflers, I like the deep tone of the 2-brothers best; heard a lot of diff ones at the Spyderfest rally but decided on the lesser of them all and that is the cat removal.

Chupaca
06-17-2014, 01:50 PM
but have heard that when you do the cat bypass you do get a pleasant tone variation. Might start there and if not enough go with the pipe change. Don't know if Yoshimura has a 14 pipe but they made a nice one used on the 13's...:thumbup:

wis2013rtltd
06-17-2014, 01:58 PM
opinion, but that's exactly what I am looking for....:D

SpyderAnn01
06-17-2014, 02:54 PM
If you make it louder don't expect Knarfoh to wave at you.

wis2013rtltd
06-17-2014, 03:10 PM
If you make it louder don't expect Knarfoh to wave at you.

as it left the factory, or have you modified your exhaust?-Thanks.

Benggolf
06-22-2014, 12:01 AM
Before I took delivery of my STS, I had the dealer install the Akrapovic sports silencer. I wanted a deep resonant sound which is not too loud. Have been pretty happy with it and my "seat of the pants feel" says the bike is a bit quicker compared to my friends Spyder.

I chose Akrapovic because of the built quality, sound and the fact is is endorsed by BRP (yes, I know that you have to pay a lot more
for it). :sour: