PDA

View Full Version : 622 Trailer issue fixed

Wiredux
06-16-2014, 05:51 PM
I love my 622 trailer but one thing that I do not like is there are no lights in the trailer. So at night when trying to locate something it is pretty difficult to dig around and hold a flash light. I thought about connecting into the trailer wiring to hook up a few lights but I decided I wanted something that was independent of being hooked up to the Spyder. I have come up with this solution.

The 622 Trailer Lighting kit comes with the following:
1 - 12v DC 4500MAH Rechargable Li-ion battery with charger
1 - 4 plug octopus cable
4 - White LED Strips

Here is the result:

there are 2 LED strips in the back compartment and 2 LED strips in the front compartment. The battery pack has a switch on it to power it off and on.

If you are looking for something like this you can find them here:

http://wiredux.com/led-kits/tcl-trailer-cargo-lights.html

Let me know if you have any questions.

jthornton
06-16-2014, 06:12 PM
That's pretty neat, how do you switch them on and off?

JT

Lamonster
Need for sure. I'm always hunting around in my trailer for something in the dark and half the time I can't find my flashlight :thumbup:

Wiredux
On the battery there is an attached switch to turn them on and off

jthornton
06-16-2014, 06:20 PM
On the battery there is an attached switch to turn them on and off

That's pretty cool. I hate fishing in the dark for something buried in the RT622... "yes dear I'll find it".

How do you attach the lights to the RT622?

JT

Wiredux
06-16-2014, 06:24 PM
They are self adhesive

jthornton
06-16-2014, 06:29 PM
there are 2 LED strips in the back compartment and 2 LED strips in the front compartment. The battery pack has a switch on it to power it off and on.

I'm glad Bob didn't notice I missed the obvious... That is a good solution for sure.

JT

SpyRyd
06-16-2014, 06:29 PM
Does the switch glow in the dark or does one need a flashlight to locate the switch to turn on the lights? nojoke

jthornton
06-16-2014, 06:32 PM
Does the switch glow in the dark or does one need a flashlight to locate the switch to turn on the lights? nojoke

I was just wondering how to secure the battery pack so it would be easy to get to and find the switch.

JT

Chupaca
06-16-2014, 06:35 PM
nice job..you have found a solution for those with trailers. Nice neat and self contained. Congrats..!! :2thumbs: :clap:

jthornton
06-16-2014, 06:36 PM
Placed my order!

JT

Wiredux
06-16-2014, 06:49 PM
That looks like a good solution for the frunk and trunk. Two lights in each?

Yes. 2 for the front of the trailer and 2 for the back. Of course you can place then anywhere you would like.

Wiredux
06-16-2014, 06:51 PM
Placed my order!

JT

I'll pack it up and send ASAP.

Wiredux
06-16-2014, 07:05 PM

Switch does not glow but once you place it is it pretty easy to find.

Bob Ledford
06-16-2014, 07:14 PM
I would have gotten a LED kitchen under cabinet counter area battery powered light assembly. They run about $20 and use AAA cells. Stick them on with Velcro

Wiredux
06-16-2014, 07:39 PM
I would have gotten a LED kitchen under cabinet counter area battery powered light assembly. They run about $20 and use AAA cells. Stick them on with Velcro

Bob. I am working on a 9v single strip version if you are interested.

bullant12
06-19-2014, 08:23 AM
As a bump to Wiredux, I think the idea is great.

I have actually implemented this to my trailer but by tapping into the running lights and adding a few bright LED strips in key points of the trailer. However, the disadvantage this is that you need to have your trailer connected to the Spyder AND the key turned to provide power. Wiredux's trailer lights provide this advantage in which you do not need to power up the electrical on the Spyder.

Hope to install a few of these!:thumbup:

jthornton
06-19-2014, 11:57 AM
As a bump to Wiredux, I think the idea is great.

I have actually implemented this to my trailer but by tapping into the running lights and adding a few bright LED strips in key points of the trailer. However, the disadvantage this is that you need to have your trailer connected to the Spyder AND the key turned to provide power. Wiredux's trailer lights provide this advantage in which you do not need to power up the electrical on the Spyder.

Hope to install a few of these!:thumbup:

:agree: when I need the lights the key is in my pocket or the trailer is locked up to a pole and not connected to the Spyder. Just much simpler to have onboard battery for them.

JT

Wiredux
07-12-2014, 06:25 PM
I was thinking for the Spyder frunk and trunk

I will be working on the trunk kit this weekend. Ill Post some pics as soon as I can.

Wiredux
07-16-2014, 06:26 PM
Some have asked for photos as to how much light is in the trailer with the kit. Here are some photos from inside the trailer with the lights on.

Front:
Rear:

Let me know if you have any other questions:
http://wiredux.com/led-kits/tcl-trailer-cargo-lights.html

jthornton
08-18-2014, 05:59 PM
I finally got a roundtuit and installed my 622 light kit last Thursday at 6am as we were leaving at 8am for 4 days of riding in the beautiful mountains of NW Arkansas. So it was a fine morning about 55°F outside and not wanting to waste any of the fine morning air I'm out in the garage installing my light kit in my Hanes and flip flops just in case a bear came by that sight should have scared him off... dunno what would have happened if it was a female bear. Took all of 10 minutes and I was done... packed up the 622 and headed for the Arkansas Grand Canyon. Well later that night the wife wanted something out of the trailer and boy did she light up nice and I could see everything.

Well Done!

JT

UtahPete
01-24-2019, 05:38 PM
I love my 622 trailer but one thing that I do not like is there are no lights in the trailer. So at night when trying to locate something it is pretty difficult to dig around and hold a flash light. I thought about connecting into the trailer wiring to hook up a few lights but I decided I wanted something that was independent of being hooked up to the Spyder. I have come up with this solution.

The 622 Trailer Lighting kit comes with the following:
1 - 12v DC 4500MAH Rechargable Li-ion battery with charger
1 - 4 plug octopus cable
4 - White LED Strips

Here is the result:

If you are looking for something like this you can find them here:http://wiredux.com/led-kits/tcl-trailer-cargo-lights.html Let me know if you have any questions.

Apparently, he's no longer selling these kits? Couldn't find his website.

ARtraveler
01-24-2019, 05:54 PM
This is an outdated thread. Circa 6/2014.

UtahPete
01-24-2019, 07:05 PM
This is an outdated thread. Circa 6/2014.

Yes, I did notice that. Just curious if anybody else is making a kit like this. I might just make my own.

ARtraveler
01-24-2019, 07:12 PM
If you find a kit or decide to make something on your own, please let us know. :bowdown:

UtahPete
01-24-2019, 09:08 PM
If you find a kit or decide to make something on your own, please let us know. :bowdown:

Will do.

Copperman
01-25-2019, 08:27 PM
Yes, I did notice that. Just curious if anybody else is making a kit like this. I might just make my own.

Check with Spyderpops.

UtahPete
01-25-2019, 10:49 PM
Check with Spyderpops.

What are you referring to? I don't see a cargo light for the trailer. Link please

Copperman
01-26-2019, 01:08 AM
What are you referring to? I don't see a cargo light for the trailer. Link please

You need to call his shop.