PDA

View Full Version : 2014 RT - PLUG ON BOTTOM OF LEFT SADDLE BAG??

Mad Mac
06-15-2014, 10:07 PM
Dealer was supposed to wire machine for my trailer and he sent me the trailer harness in the mail but I'll be darn'd if I can find where it plugs into. I know their is someone out there having a good laugh at this one,but does the harness plug in under the seat somewhere?? And is the plug on the bottom of the left saddlebag for something else?:banghead::banghead:

revjvegas
06-15-2014, 10:37 PM
I know the trailer harness wiring has had a view different versions over the last few years, but I believe the one constant is that they do all hook up via the plug/receptacle that is below the left saddle bag.

It used to be a round plug, which is what I have on my 2012, but I think now on the newer bikes they went with more typical 4wire trailer plug you see on most trailers nowadays.

Now if the plug below your left saddle bag doesn't match the trailer harness they gave you, then me thinks they gave you the wrong one. Perhaps they had an older one in stock. Don't know.

But yeah, least I can tell you is that it should plug in below that saddle bag.

I'm sure others with 2014's will check in soon. Hang in there.

PS: Maybe add some pics to the thread showing what you have on the bike and what they mailed you will also help someone to identify what you have.

SpyderAnn01
06-15-2014, 10:53 PM
I went out to my hot garage and got down on the floor for you. I hope this is what you were looking for. 9012290123

Mad Mac
06-15-2014, 11:05 PM
I went out to my hot garage and got down on the floor for you. I hope this is what you were looking for. 9012290123

Is this a view from under the seat on top of the rear fender??

Wiredux
06-15-2014, 11:21 PM
That looks like the underside of the left saddle bag.

Chupaca
06-15-2014, 11:34 PM
but there was a thread/post to this question and they added a picture of the plug under the seat..if you search it it may help...:thumbup:

YIRYDE
06-16-2014, 12:04 AM
There is a removable panel under the seat that has two connectors. I believe the larger one is for the rear lights, I don't remember what the other one is for. You have to disconnect the light connector and mate the trailer harness to this connector. The trailer harness male connector to the light harness female connector and the trailer harness female connector to the light harness male connector.

Here is a picture of connectors under the seat

It's been a few months since I installed mine so I'm going from memory.