PDA

View Full Version : Htfd CT to Gettysburg

Vidman
06-15-2014, 10:01 AM
We usually drive Rt 84 to Scranton then Rt 81 S toward Gettysburg. This in a Motorhome. Earlier this spring road conditions and construction was mentioned as horrible

How is this route now? Any other suggested route with MH trailering the spyder if the roads and construction are still a mess?

Highwayman2013
06-15-2014, 11:22 AM
It is smooth until you get to Pa. There is construction at the Pa-Ny line to past the Milford exit. Then it's bumpy for about 20 more miles until you get over toward the Greentown exit. I drive from Scranton to Hartford 5 nights a week.

Highwayman2013
06-15-2014, 11:26 AM
You could probably go down 91 to 95 and take the Pa turnpike west toward Gettysburg . I don't travel that way but it probably depends on the time of day. If you can stand 25 to 30 miles of bumps the rest is great on 84.

Vidman
06-15-2014, 11:35 AM
You could probably go down 91 to 95 and take the Pa turnpike west toward Gettysburg . I don't travel that way but it probably depends on the time of day. If you can stand 25 to 30 miles of bumps the rest is great on 84.

NEVER!!!! hahahaha. I don't even go that way to DC. I do all possible to stay away from the city and NJ Tpke.

Thanks anyway.

Vidman
06-15-2014, 11:37 AM
It is smooth until you get to Pa. There is construction at the Pa-Ny line to past the Milford exit. Then it's bumpy for about 20 more miles until you get over toward the Greentown exit. I drive from Scranton to Hartford 5 nights a week.

Isn't bumpy the norm....hahahaha. What are the construction delays like? I have even thought of getting off onto RT6 and back on after the Construction. Perhaps that you drive at night you might not have an idea of daytime travel.