PDA

View Full Version : How long should it take BRP to respond to a case?

granpa in Cincy
06-13-2014, 12:12 PM
I have a severe pull to the right on my 2014 RT S. At 55MPH it heads toward the ditch on a 4 count. At 65 MPH it heads for the ditch on a 3 count. at 45 MPH it heads for the ditch on a 5 count. That's all with Cruise set and hands off the bars.

Have 3200 miles on clock and it's in shop for 1st service. Tech verified have pull to the right. He's adjusted as much as he can to no avail.
Case submitted Wednesday and no reply as of this AM. They dealer has several cases that need a reply.

Is the the norm for BRP response to dealers? My dealer is Platinum if that matters and tech is certified.

:banghead: :banghead:nojoke

oldguyinTX
06-13-2014, 12:29 PM
I have a severe pull to the right on my 2014 RT S. At 55MPH it heads toward the ditch on a 4 count. At 65 MPH it heads for the ditch on a 3 count. at 45 MPH it heads for the ditch on a 5 count. That's all with Cruise set and hands off the bars.

Have 3200 miles on clock and it's in shop for 1st service. Tech verified have pull to the right. He's adjusted as much as he can to no avail.
Case submitted Wednesday and no reply as of this AM. They dealer has several cases that need a reply.

Is the the norm for BRP response to dealers? My dealer is Platinum if that matters and tech is certified.

First of all do you have a case number? My dealer has been waiting for about 2 1/2 months to get a decision from BRP regarding work that I had done on my 2013 RT LTD SE5 and wanted BRP to pay for. The BRP representative, Carlo Viola does not return his calls, and without a decision from him, the dealer does not get paid. The dealer let me take the :ani29: and said, "when we get this all sorted out, I will let you know if you owe us anything." Unfortunately, BRP likes to stall & try to shift blame to the dealer and/or the owner. There is little that we as the consumer can do. I have written two letters to the CEO of BRP - I am told that he personally reads them - and then it gets handed off to a representative. Do a PM search on this site for BRPcare, and send a PM to BRP. Steve is the person who monitors, and he seems to sometimes be helpful. You can also call BRP @ 888-272-9222 give your case number and try to get someone on the phone to discuss your issue.Have you considered a laser alignment? Good luck to you, and keep us posted. Hope things work out to your satisfaction

Chupaca
06-13-2014, 12:41 PM
how long should it..or..how long does it. It's kinda of like the mileage question how much should I..how much do you. Some things get fast responses others take longer. I'm sure they have different rep's for the different areas. It can depend on the dealers etc. Sorry to hear of your problem but it does seem that the dealer could solve this one. Have no idea what they tried but it is a well documented problem with these roadster..all of them. Ends up being tires, balance, hardware, air pressure, alignment and electroincs. Hope they come through for you...:thumbup:

tigerdr
06-13-2014, 12:42 PM
May be a bad Kenda tire in front...

Craniac
06-13-2014, 01:05 PM
Swap the front tires, right to left. Do NOT ride in the rain. Take it for a test drive . If it now pulls to the left, you have a bad tire.

oldguyinTX
06-13-2014, 01:31 PM
Swap the front tires, right to left. Do NOT ride in the rain. Take it for a test drive . If it now pulls to the left, you have a bad tire.

If you try this, you have to dismount the tires, remount & balance. The front Kendas are directional. You can't just switch right & left.

murphybrown
06-13-2014, 01:44 PM
I've had 2 issues that BRP was involved...on my '10..check engine light and recent tire issue on '14 trailer. Both times dealer (on 10 Clem's enumclaw, wa) ( on 14 Pitbill in Springfield , mo) registered the issue with a case #. Both resolved with BRP to my satisfaction. :yes:

granpa in Cincy
06-13-2014, 01:53 PM
I've had 2 issues that BRP was involved...on my '10..check engine light and recent tire issue on '14 trailer. Both times dealer (on 10 Clem's enumclaw, wa) ( on 14 Pitbill in Springfield , mo) registered the issue with a case #. Both resolved with BRP to my satisfaction. :yes:

My question is - how long does it before BRP communicates with the dealer?

cuznjohn
06-13-2014, 01:56 PM
the only way my dealer talked to BRP on my problem was that they asked me to tell the dealer to call them and send a buds report

Bob Denman
06-13-2014, 02:36 PM
My dealer has been in contact with BRP a couple of times on my behalf; it normally took less than a week for the replies to start showing up. :thumbup:

spyder-dude
06-13-2014, 02:39 PM
Just curious....What is the date code on your front tires?

granpa in Cincy
06-13-2014, 02:41 PM

I don't know and bike still at the dealers.

ulflyer
06-13-2014, 02:42 PM
If you try this, you have to dismount the tires, remount & balance. The front Kendas are directional. You can't just switch right & left.

No, you only swap the wheels. the tires will not be running in the forward direction but that won't matter much. Thats why OP said "don't ride in rain". It would quickly tell you if you have a tire problem, assuming both tires are not flawed.

ARtraveler
06-13-2014, 02:42 PM
:bbq::bbq::bbq: for now.

granpa in Cincy
06-13-2014, 02:50 PM

I just reread your post on 6/5 about 2014-6 and mine are definitely earlier than that since my build date is 12/20/13.

spyder-dude
06-13-2014, 03:19 PM
Yeah I bet if you get a new set of tires this will fix the problem. I know several others that have had this same issue.

NZSpyderRyder
06-13-2014, 03:22 PM
6 months and counting....the worst company I have ever dealt with for Aftersales customer care.

granpa in Cincy
06-13-2014, 03:25 PM
Yeah I bet if you get a new set of tires this will fix the problem. I know several others that have had this same issue.

You had vibration and wobbling. I didn't have those symptoms. It just turned to the right. Fairly quickly I might add. Again, with hands off the bars.

murphybrown
06-13-2014, 03:37 PM
My question is - how long does it before BRP communicates with the dealer?
within 4 business days in both cases

granpa in Cincy
06-26-2014, 11:46 AM
Tires were not the problem at all. It was the DPS. Took a while to receive it after it was ordered.

Also a 2 hour job turned into a day and a half job. The instructions said to remove front trunk and the unit will come out the front.

WRONG. Not even close. Remove right tire, disconnect the A-arm. Remove plastic and the unit comes out the side. I guess there might have been a lot of back and forth between dealer and BRP.

Rode about 60 miles and it is just fine.

All's well that ends.

Pirate looks at --
06-26-2014, 12:23 PM

Make sure that you keep the ditch to your left!:roflblack:

03hdjill
06-26-2014, 01:27 PM

Please disregard my last post.