PDA

View Full Version : Can we all do each other a favor

sddinnh
06-12-2014, 05:34 PM
​and stop these personal attacks. They make me uncomfortable and they are counter productive to the purpose of this forum. If you don't like the way someone writes things or the way they come across then just stop reading their posts or place them on your ignore list. There is no need to make a personal attack against them. What ever happened to the old thing of "If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all"

This does not mean we can't have spirited debates and differences of opinion, but there is no need to place that on a personal level.

NZSpyderRyder
06-12-2014, 05:37 PM
:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:

Lamonster
06-12-2014, 05:40 PM
I guess I've missed them but you can use the report post button and I'll deal with it. Thanks for the reminder. :doorag:

acinpcola
06-12-2014, 05:40 PM
I must be missing those posts or I have not seen them.

Bob Denman
06-12-2014, 05:41 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_75.gif http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_55.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_17_211.gif
Spirited debates can be an awful lot of fun... they can even provide lots of good information that is useful too!
But can we try to keep it at least a little bit polite and respectful?

Dan_Ashley
06-12-2014, 05:41 PM
Save your drama for yo moma!

Chupaca
06-12-2014, 05:43 PM
nothing gained.. No one wins..makes no sense...:lecturef_smilie:

Bob Denman
06-12-2014, 05:45 PM
I must be missing those posts or I have not seen them.
Al,
We may have been too busy, "Cognac-Upping!" :D

BLUEKNIGHT911
06-12-2014, 05:55 PM
​and stop these personal attacks. They make me uncomfortable and they are counter productive to the purpose of this forum. If you don't like the way someone writes things or the way they come across then just stop reading their posts or place them on your ignore list. There is no need to make a personal attack against them. What ever happened to the old thing of "If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all"

This does not mean we can't have spirited debates and differences of opinion, but there is no need to place that on a personal level.

...:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree::agree::agree::agree: :agree: :agree: :agree::agree::agree:........................I didn't start any of the NASTINESS ...but I have a real problem with being EXPECTED to take it................................................ ........NOT GONNA HAPPEN.....But I agree it has to stop.............Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze......... Mikeguyver....:thumbup:

BLUEKNIGHT911
06-12-2014, 05:58 PM
I guess I've missed them but you can use the report post button and I'll deal with it. Thanks for the reminder. :doorag:
Sorry La Mont but I am computer challenged as well as PIC challenged......
..This is news to me ......had I known this I would have been using it like crazy in the past 4 weeks ........Mikeguyver :thumbup:.....and where exactly is the BUTTON......thanks

Bob Denman
06-12-2014, 06:02 PM
It's that little triangular beauty at the lower left hand corner... :D

cuznjohn
06-12-2014, 06:05 PM
i agree but i love butting heads, but that's just me, one time i even reported myself

sddinnh
06-12-2014, 06:10 PM
To be honest, I would be happy if we ALL just exercised a little restraint in the future and simply stopped doing it. I don't want to put anybody on my ignore list because I want to hear everybody's ideas, but I don't want to have to wade thru the personal attacks to get to them.:lecturef_smilie: Joking around is fine, but these were going just a tad over the line. I'm not directing this rant at anybody, we all just need to respect each other and if we're not interested, just don't read the post.

Bob Denman
06-13-2014, 06:43 AM
...It'd be a boring World if we all agreed; all of the time... :shocked:
The trick is to allow the other guy to have a different opinion, and still discuss those diferences without the whole :gaah::cus::gaah: thing breaking out.

ValCruzSpyder
06-13-2014, 06:55 AM
:clap:We agree that we are all different. Each person is entitled to their own opinion. To openly discuss and debate that opinion is human nature in cause. The line is drawn when those discussions and debates take on a personal nature. Know your limit and exercise personal restraint. I learned this at a very young age and have tried to practice it as much as possible.

Bob Denman
06-13-2014, 07:03 AM
:gaah: Oh... :lecturef_smilie: what do YOU know!! :D :joke::joke::joke::joke:
:roflblack:

(Seriously: :2thumbs:)

OJ UK
06-13-2014, 07:25 AM
:gaah: Oh... :lecturef_smilie: what do YOU know!! :D :joke::joke::joke::joke:
:roflblack:

(Seriously: :2thumbs:)

Spoken like a true........ummmmm.........insurance guy!:roflblack:

Bob Denman
06-13-2014, 07:28 AM
:lecturef_smilie:HEY!
I resemble that remark! :D

dndfindley
06-13-2014, 07:37 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_75.gif http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_55.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_17_211.gif
Spirited debates can be an awful lot of fun... they can even provide lots of good information that is useful too!
But can we try to keep it at least a little bit polite and respectful?

I agree 100%. No personal attacks but "spirited debates" are great. If everyone is in agreement on everything or pretends to be that would be nothing short of phony.

Silvervette05
06-13-2014, 07:52 AM
ya, what he said

murphybrown
06-13-2014, 09:36 AM
Save your drama for yo moma!

No want the drama!!! :roflblack: For me I just skip the post when I consider it a personal attack. Once I found a post so offensive I did notify Lamont and he immediately addressed the post. And I have blocked a couple folks who, for them, just do not have the skills or desire to not attack personally. Most people (there are a few plain EVIL ones out there) have incredible value and it is my desire in life to find the good ... and when necessary, set a boundary. I have found the most incredible people on this forum and in the Spyder Ryding world...the kind of people that make me feel soooo blessed because I have had the privilege of meeting them. :thumbup:

MidTNDawg
06-13-2014, 09:47 AM

I stopped following it. It contributed nothing, and I do not know why people apparently kept posting in the thread.

MouthPiece
06-13-2014, 10:43 AM
What some would consider as a personal attack is considered by others as spirited debate.

Chris

Ex-Rocket
06-13-2014, 11:01 AM
Spirted debate is one thing but name calling is another thing, and doesn't belong here in the forum. Do your name calling somewhere else.

Bob Denman
06-13-2014, 11:15 AM
There should come a point when two folks on opposite sides of a discussion should realize that no matter how much they know that they're right; the other person is an idiot, and they're just not going to be able to get that moron to "see the light"... :joke:
Or...
"You can lead a horse to water; but you can't make them drink!"
So you back away from the situation, and everybody is happy. :D

2Paw
06-13-2014, 11:42 AM
There should come a point when two folks on opposite sides of a discussion should realize that no matter how much they know that they're right; the other person is an idiot, and they're just not going to be able to get that moron to "see the light"... :joke:
Or...
"You can lead a horse to water; but you can't make them drink!"
So you back away from the situation, and everybody is happy. :D

or...

You can't teach a pig to sing and dance. all it does is annoy the pig and waste your time.

Bob Denman
06-13-2014, 12:26 PM
That was the other one that I considered going with! :D
Thnaks for bringing it to the table! :clap: :2thumbs:

ARtraveler
06-13-2014, 03:22 PM
I do like the fact that we can have spirited discussion. When one goes to the personal attack stance--to me--that kind of shows they do not have a good answer to the point at hand. I take that for what it is worth.

The site does seem to take care of itself and we do have options that have been listed above.

dndfindley
06-13-2014, 03:24 PM
What some would consider as a personal attack is considered by others as spirited debate.

Chris

There is no right not to be offended. You do not change the system for one person.

dndfindley
06-13-2014, 03:27 PM
Spirted debate is one thing but name calling is another thing, and doesn't belong here in the forum. Do your name calling somewhere else.

On the surface what you say makes sense and I agree...unless there is truth in the name being used in name calling. No one needs to be mean just because they can, but neither should the truth be withheld. If the shoe fits...

wyliec
06-13-2014, 04:11 PM

Chris

Short and to the point. Excellent.:thumbup: And, couldn't agree more.

joebryanjr
06-13-2014, 04:19 PM
Some who say they deplore personal attacks have been the perpetrators in the past.

thehawk
06-13-2014, 04:53 PM
or...

You can't teach a pig to sing and dance. all it does is annoy the pig and waste your time.

who you callin' a pig?:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::r oflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

thehawk

EnjoyingTheRyde
06-13-2014, 05:01 PM
...ignore this whole thread. NOT! Y'all are great folks, thank you for all the great information I've gathered here... :thumbup:

Cruzr Joe
06-13-2014, 05:50 PM
...It'd be a boring World if we all agreed; all of the time... :shocked:
The trick is to allow the other guy to have a different opinion, and still discuss those diferences without the whole :gaah::cus::gaah: thing breaking out.

Bob:

I totally disagree with you, except when i agree with you which is quite often except when i think you are wrong, even if you are right, with that i apologize to myself for thinking that i might have been mistaken as to the fact that even though you were wrong and i was not right because of that fact. and that's all i have to say on this matter.

Cruzr Joe aka The Unknown Poster Child

cuznjohn
06-13-2014, 05:51 PM
STOP THE WORLD I WANT TO GET OFF

SPYD3R
06-13-2014, 05:52 PM

HUH.......???????????????????????????????

are you taking you meds like the Dr. ordered.....?????

Bob Denman
06-13-2014, 05:52 PM
"Bob:
I totally disagree with you, except when i agree with you which is quite often except when i think you are wrong, even if you are right, with that i apologize to myself for thinking that i might have been mistaken as to the fact that even though you were wrong and i was not right because of that fact. and that's all i have to say on this matter."

:shocked:
I don't know whether to:
:gaah:
:lecturef_smilie:
:yikes:
:D
:clap:
or
:2thumbs:
So I guess that I'll just:
:yes:

Cruzr Joe
06-13-2014, 05:53 PM
:lecturef_smilie:HEY!
I resemble that remark! :D

And a lot of other ones :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack:

Cruzr Joe

Bob Denman
06-13-2014, 05:57 PM
:D But you just can't use most of them in a "PG-13" open forum! :D

SNOOPY
06-13-2014, 06:13 PM
For the record, this thread has nothing to do w me. :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

This time...

Cruzr Joe
06-13-2014, 06:17 PM
For the record, this thread has nothing to do w me. :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

This time...

Hmmmm are you sure????? :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack:

Cruzr Joe

SNOOPY
06-13-2014, 07:41 PM
Um, maybe :dontknow:

:D

sddinnh
06-13-2014, 07:58 PM
HUH.......???????????????????????????????

are you taking you meds like the Dr. ordered.....?????

Mostly :yikes: :yes::yes::yes: