PDA

View Full Version : 2014 RT left side panal help

ChrisW
06-10-2014, 02:17 PM
Wehave a 2014 RT and need to remove the left side panel so as to install a Smoothspyder Belt Tensioner, any help please, I do have the belt gards off.

BLUEKNIGHT911
06-10-2014, 02:37 PM
Wehave a 2014 RT and need to remove the left side panel so as to install a Smoothspyder Belt Tensioner, any help please, I do have the belt gards off.

.....:yikes:....I believe there is more than one .............and it's in the owner's manual...........AND DO NOT TOUCH OR EVEN LOOK AT ....THE TWO SHINY CHROME TORX BOLTS WITH THE PINS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STAR....BRP HAS NOT GIVEN YOU OR ANY ONE ...PERMISSION TO TOUCH THEM....:lecturef_smilie::lecturef_smilie::lecture f_smilie:.......seriously they are sort of fake .....they have a pull tab attached to the back that goes into a reg. rubber grommet :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:........Mikeguyver....

freebob
06-10-2014, 03:19 PM
.....:yikes:....I believe there is more than one .............and it's in the owner's manual...........AND DO NOT TOUCH OR EVEN LOOK AT ....THE TWO SHINY CHROME TORX BOLTS WITH THE PINS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STAR....BRP HAS NOT GIVEN YOU OR ANY ONE ...PERMISSION TO TOUCH THEM....:lecturef_smilie::lecturef_smilie::lecture f_smilie:.......seriously they are sort of fake .....they have a pull tab attached to the back that goes into a reg. rubber grommet :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:........Mikeguyver....t ud

Really not fake they hold grommet studs, and if one was to break you could change it and you can also change orientation of stud to firm up panel fitment ...:banghead:

freebob...:doorag:

BLUEKNIGHT911
06-10-2014, 04:14 PM
tud

Really not fake they hold grommet studs, and if one was to break you could change it and you can also change orientation of stud to firm up panel fitment ...:banghead:

freebob...:doorag:

:gaah:....d*MN iT, I said SORT OF FAKE.....if you are going to Quote me ....at least get it correct :yikes:

ChrisW
06-10-2014, 04:56 PM
Pull out your owners manual. Go to page 48. You need to remove item 1,2,3 and maybe 5. Just follow the steps and you will get to where you want to be.

OK, there are two owners manual on line "2787EN" & "2788EN" what one to use? and do I realy need to take all "5" just to install the one bolt for the belt thingy?

IdahoMtnSpyder
06-11-2014, 12:52 AM

If you haven't installed the tensioner yet, or are having problems getting it installed, take a look at how I did it. I just now posted this. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?68608-Installing-new-style-SmoothSpyder-belt-tensioner&p=824719#post824719.

I had a lot of trouble getting the tensioner to line up properly because it wanted to move when I tightened the bolt. I solved that problem with my method. I also did not need to remove any of the side panels.