PDA

View Full Version : FYI

shunkmanitu
09-14-2008, 09:36 AM
Iktome Luta, my Red SE-5 is shown as Model A28G00, it is an '08, and the last four of the serial is 0075.

The shop had installed the lighting package, backrest and rack, and caliper trim so the original purchaser backed out.

When I go in for the 600 mile I will probably opt for the 3 year service package as I no longer am able to enjoy doing my own routine service. The overall savings at today's shop, oil, and parts charges is said to be around $300.

Everything out the door, including a year with Dairyland Insurance, tax, tag, extended warrenty, etc. was right at $22 K. A lot of money but I am back on the road and don't have to worry about blowing out my dialysis fistula fighting and holding the clutch!

I have a half mile of limestone and then a couple hundred yards of just grassy "field" so will keep an eye on things and send a report. Before I bought the place I could just barely get the Pacific Coast up the road but it was not gravled at that time. I went stright over the curb from the lawn here in town where I used to take the Pacfic Coast and scraped very lightly.

So far don't feel the need for the mirror extensions inspite of my bulk, unlike the PC mirrors that looked under my arms I don't see my passenger while trying to look behind me. The bar position is just slightly lwer than the PC and I might considet the 'reach-back' bars set to give a little rise. Did fifty miles yesterday without discomfort and will probably have a bit more than that today.

With the "standard" windscreen June Bugs (heavy) are directed right at my nose, Love Bugs (light) either SPLATTT and stick on the screen or go over my head. For us the comfort level is about 45 mph, over 55 and turning my head even a little applies a lot of torque on my neck. The helmets are HJC halfs with flip shields and the neck curtains removed for the summer. Noise is okay to about forty five. To cover a sidearm I wear lightweight knit tropical shirts mostly buttoned but not tucked in. They also keep my "medicine pouch" from beating my ears off. The inch and quater Canupa and Warrior Feather earings wave and flap but have yet tried to pull out. Have to either wrap my pnoy tail or wet and tuck it under the helmet to keep the tangles out.

More after the ride today.:doorag: