PDA

View Full Version : Two old buddies

bruiser
06-09-2014, 05:43 PM
USN Master Chief Petty Officer and a Marine Sergeant Major, two old friends, met in a bar one day (It may be hard to imagine either a Sailor or a Marine ever being in a bar, but here’s the conversation which ensued). They began to discuss which of them had had the more difficult and dangerous 30 year career. The retired Marine begins: I graduated from high school, the next morning I was on the train for Parris Island, South Carolina.

“Following boot camp I found myself in a regiment assigned to the Iwo Jima assault. With my fellow Marines we fought our way to the top of Mount Suribachi. In Korea I was with Chesty Puller at Inchon, then we fought our way toward the Yalu River. In the cold Korean winter we fought at the Battle of Chosin Reservoir, I ended my career after Viet Nam where I spent 3 months in the Battle of Khe Sanh after sloshing through endless snake-filled rice paddies.”

The Navy Master Chief took a long draw on his bottle of beer looked him in the eye and said: "Typical lush Marine Corps assignments - all shore duty!"

Bob Denman
06-09-2014, 05:50 PM
That almost reminds me of a joke I once heard... :D
Question: Why did they use the Navy to transport the Marines everywhere?

Answer: Somebody would have started asking questions, if they had been transporting sheep instead! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_3_158.gif

ValCruzSpyder
06-09-2014, 06:49 PM
Now THAT was funny!!! :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

We are the MARINE Taxi Service
MARINE = My A$$ Rides In Navy Equipment

Oldmanzues
06-09-2014, 07:50 PM
A (fill in your service) E-9 and a full colonel were in the base barber shop getting a shave and hair cut for the upcoming inspection and parade. The barber was finshing up the colonel and started to apply after shave. the Colonel yelled, do not put any of that stuff on me. My wife says it smells like a French whore house. the E-9 just said, go ahead use it on me. My wife does not know what a whore house smells like.
Oldmanzues

Chupaca
06-09-2014, 08:31 PM
:roflblack::roflblack: :clap: