PDA

View Full Version : modified KITT grill

garb55
06-08-2014, 08:36 PM
Went for ride yesterday and factory grill was full of large bugs so I decided to install my KOTT grills
I'm lazy so I do not want to get out any tools when I clean my Spyder
I replaced the 2 bottom attachment blocks on each side with magnetic cabinet latches
then painted everything with black Plasi - dip
I then rode on a very bad dirt rode so I know everything will stay put
now I have to clean out the bugs
Don
PS The lower center bolt is to pull the grill out.

Chupaca
06-08-2014, 08:41 PM
pop out grilles...easy cleaning....:2thumbs: Way to go...it does seems like it funnels bugs in...:thumbup:

Jim&Teresa
06-08-2014, 09:44 PM
Went for ride yesterday and factory grill was full of large bugs so I decided to install my KOTT grills
I replaced the 2 bottom attachment blocks on each side with magnetic cabinet latches
Don

Looks nice. I see you did place the metal plates behind the KOTT Grills to allow the magnets to grab. Good idea! For those going to do this, make sure you use those flat metal plates as the magnets will not stick to those KOTT grills alone since they are Stainless Steel! :thumbup:

jerpinoy
06-08-2014, 11:54 PM
Awesome grill:yes:

sddinnh
06-09-2014, 05:37 AM
pop out grilles...easy cleaning....:2thumbs: Way to go...it does seems like it funnels bugs in...:thumbup:

Bugs, dead leaves, heck I even came back from Americade with grass clippings in there. I'm just waiting to scoop up a squirrel in there. I guess it's time to order a set and install them. Neet idea on the magnetic way to hold them in. Very inventive.

Eagle1
06-09-2014, 06:02 AM
Looking good, We need them in Florida to catch Luv bugs. You can collect hundreds in a short ride.

Bob Denman
06-09-2014, 06:58 AM
:shocked: We should get paid for our road-sweeping efforts... :D

:congrats: on a REAL smart modification! :clap: :2thumbs:

martiniman
09-10-2014, 05:13 PM
Great idea with the magnetic blocks! Did you use double sided sticky tape to hold the blocks? I prefer to not drill holes if possible. Any vibrations sound to note?
Thanks again for the great idea. ;)

pacog1943
09-10-2014, 07:14 PM
Don

Hey, great idea! Kudos to you. Where did you get the grills. I would like to try that. Make an awesome day, and ryde often and safe. Paco:doorag:

garb55
09-10-2014, 11:34 PM
I used very small and short sheet metal screws for the magnets but they probably would work with 3m double stick tape [just clean the plastic with alcohol first
the grills came from Spyder pops
he is a sponsor on the home page
I have even had parts of jackrabbits in there and just pulled the grills off and taped them on the ground
took 1 min. to clean them out