PDA

View Full Version : Windshield for Tall Guy

lbarrios
09-13-2008, 11:35 PM
I was wondering if I could get some advice on what the proper windshield and model I should get for my Spyder. I am 6ft 4in and I didn't want to get a windshield that wouldn't work with my height on the bike. Could somwone make a suggestion on what make and model you would recommend? Thanks!:bowdown::nopic:

spyder-dude
09-14-2008, 10:06 AM
I am the same height and still working on finding the right shield. Marcel from F1 Windshields is sending me my 4th shield and hopefully this one will work. It is his european model.

I will let you guys know how it works once I get it.

boogllasti
09-14-2008, 01:31 PM
I would try the adjustable CHAD system from Industries 7.

Of course we all just want someone to get one and give us real user feedback.:D

Someone really needs to get one soon and let us know the real story on these. I would wait and keep reading reviews - otherwise you can end up with a collection of units that just don't get it - like some that are trying their 3rd and 4th F1 type shields.

You guys should be paid beta-testers at that point!:D

6'4" is gonna take some serious shield to keep that wind off of you.

SpyderDog65
09-21-2008, 01:17 PM
then its really gonna be a bitch to keep the wind off me im 6'8 lol guess i will just mount a big ass piece of plexiglass on the front of my spyder lol that may work sure will cut down on my aerodynamics lol

jeuchler
09-21-2008, 01:23 PM
I was wondering if I could get some advice on what the proper windshield and model I should get for my Spyder. I am 6ft 4in and I didn't want to get a windshield that wouldn't work with my height on the bike. Could somwone make a suggestion on what make and model you would recommend? Thanks!:bowdown::nopic:

lbarrios and Spyder-Dude

Brian (who's your height) posted a review and nice pics of Marcel July's slider here... (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6964)

Greg H.
09-21-2008, 02:21 PM
I'm 6'4". I doubt, I will change the stock windshield. I'll be using a HJC Sy-MAX II modular helmet. I think, I'll be fine. Part of the reason, I'm buying a Spyder is to enjoy the whole experience. :thumbup:

Over time, my thoughts on the subject may change. Only time will tell. I rode a 700 mile trip before with no screen or fairing. It was nice. :)

jimcrom
09-21-2008, 04:18 PM
I am 6'2 and I bought the Evo II and I ordered it so that it was two inches short of the max height before it needed the vent. Looking at it now, I probably should have got the max height since I am looking at getting the 3" risers which will increase my exposure. The only thing about the Evo II was that now all of the wind comes around the sides and if I am wearing a tshirt, I have to tuck it into my pants or the wind tries to blow the tshirt above my head.

Arana
09-21-2008, 05:13 PM
Wher can I order a bigger windshield?

Thanks

09-23-2008, 01:31 PM
I am 6'8" too and tried the Evo II windshield from Marcel. We tried 28", which is too short. I am in the turbulance with the wind hitting just above my faceshield. He is sending me the Evo III adjustable which hopefully will be better.