PDA

View Full Version : Oil dip stick

jerpinoy
06-07-2014, 07:08 PM
I checked my oil dipstick after riding and found out it was dry.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: Why did the low oil warning light did not show. It took 1/2 liter, Lesson learned is always check oil dipstick and do not depend on warning light.

AbNormy
06-07-2014, 07:13 PM
Warning light is for oil pressure not level.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

mastertek2000
06-07-2014, 08:21 PM
that should be part of the check list you do before every ride check air look for any thing that is not normal or loose check brakes horn and all lights

Chupaca
06-07-2014, 08:30 PM
after a long ryde say 400 miles or more or a few short rydes I pull into the garage and immidiately check the oil and add if needed. Your manual also states you should check your oil regularly. The oil light, as stated above, is for oil pressure. Thats why it comes on before you start and goes out as soon as pressure comes up...:thumbup:

NautiBrit
06-07-2014, 11:47 PM
that should be part of the check list you do before every ride check air look for any thing that is not normal or loose check brakes horn and all lights

A pre-ride check is always a good idea, but checking the oil on a Spyder should be done when the oil is at operating temperature and that's time consuming and impractical. As suggested, check the oil level after your ride before putting your Spyder to bed.

jerpinoy
06-08-2014, 11:22 PM
A pre-ride check is always a good idea, but checking the oil on a Spyder should be done when the oil is at operating temperature and that's time consuming and impractical. As suggested, check the oil level after your ride before putting your Spyder to bed.

Thanks a mil.:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

jcthorne
06-09-2014, 04:37 AM
Actually you can check the oil dead cold. The level if full should just reach the bottom of the dipstick where the add line is. I think JT is working on a special cold check dipstick tool for us to help with this. I always check the oil cold before the ride when I am cool and dry and thinking straight enough to install the side panel correctly. The cold check method is actually in your owners manual if you read it.

mastertek2000
06-09-2014, 05:06 AM
Actually you can check the oil dead cold. The level if full should just reach the bottom of the dipstick where the add line is. I think JT is working on a special cold check dipstick tool for us to help with this. I always check the oil cold before the ride when I am cool and dry and thinking straight enough to install the side panel correctly. The cold check method is actually in your owners manual if you read it.

that's how i do it owners manual what a great tool if you read it