PDA

View Full Version : Can am online store....shipping costs, ouch! Other US options?

StealthSpyder
06-06-2014, 03:14 PM
Hey guys,

Picked out a couple shirts, a couple hats, and two pairs of gloves from the http://store.spyder.brp.com website. After already having accepted the higher than normal costs of the gear, I went to check out....shipping to FL was $74 DOLLARS!!!!!! What!?!? :shocked::hun:

That obviously put the brakes on the entire order. The order was already $200 for just some shirts hats and gloves! Light mesh gloves!

So I figured I would come on here and see if any of you know of any options for acquiring Can Am gear within the states so the shipping isn't so absurd? Or any codes to get cheaper shipping or anything? How about if I had my dealer order it...does Can Am do free shipping to dealers?

Really like the hats and shirts and gloves but not for another $74 in shipping. That's just nuts. :banghead:

ornerydog7
06-06-2014, 03:19 PM
Hey guys,

Picked out a couple shirts, a couple hats, and two pairs of gloves from the http://store.spyder.brp.com website. After already having accepted the higher than normal costs of the gear, I went to check out....shipping to FL was $74 DOLLARS!!!!!! What!?!? :shocked::hun:

That obviously put the brakes on the entire order. The order was already $200 for just some shirts hats and gloves! Light mesh gloves!

So I figured I would come on here and see if any of you know of any options for acquiring Can Am gear within the states so the shipping isn't so absurd? Or any codes to get cheaper shipping or anything? How about if I had my dealer order it...does Can Am do free shipping to dealers?

Really like the hats and shirts and gloves but not for another $74 in shipping. That's just nuts. :banghead:

Check out eBay

ARCTIC
06-06-2014, 03:21 PM
If u go into a dealer they can get you everything in the catalog for no shipping costs and hopefully they don't charge full MPRP. Or Honda East Toledo usually has 15-20% discount and free shipping on orders over $100.

happyspyder2039
06-06-2014, 03:24 PM
If u go into a dealer they can get you everything in the catalog for no shipping costs and hopefully they don't charge full MPRP. Or Honda East Toledo usually has 15-20% discount and free shipping on orders over $100.
Robsperformace has some good prices & site sponsor. FYI the shirts run small in sizes from what I experience

NZSpyderRyder
06-06-2014, 03:49 PM
Amazon

Copperman
06-06-2014, 03:52 PM

Honda East has great prices. When you call, talk to their internet sales department and be sure to tell them you're a Spyderlover to get a great discount. And because you're not in Ohio, there's no sales tax.

ARtraveler
06-06-2014, 04:55 PM

:agree: have done it this way. My dealer charges MSRP but no shipping.

Chupaca
06-06-2014, 06:56 PM
cheapcycleparts.com I think they have acc but not sure on clothing...:thumbup:

MikeinGA
06-06-2014, 07:58 PM
Hey guys,

Welcome to the world of BRP, they have no knowledge of retail. Best to go on E-BAY.

Mike

billrob71
06-06-2014, 08:07 PM
Look in eBay
if you wait little later in the year this currant model year clothing goes on clearance and there always a lot cheaper

cyclelover63
06-06-2014, 08:09 PM
Welcome to the world of BRP, they have no knowledge of retail. Best to go on E-BAY.

Mike

I was going to buy a couple of those spare nuts that hold the RT seat on,but shipping was almost $8.00 for a $2.00 part (app prices...been a long time)...I didn't buy those either..

msj4848
06-06-2014, 08:23 PM
Robs performance has a TON of stuff on ebay, lots of last years stuff at great prices, current stuff I think is msrp. shipping is pretty cheap, and they would probably combine shipping for you if you asked.

YIRYDE
06-06-2014, 08:29 PM
Robsperformace has some good prices & site sponsor. FYI the shirts run small in sizes from what I experience

I agree, I have brought a lot of items from Rob's.

http://stores.ebay.com/ROBS-PERFORMANCE-MOTORSPORTS/Can-Am-Spyder-Apparel-/_i.html?_fsub=17451177&_sid=70078063&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

Bumblebee67
06-07-2014, 10:24 AM
It has an option in checkout that allows you to ship to your nearest dealer for free and then just go pick your order up from there. :thumbup:

Dan McNally
06-07-2014, 01:05 PM
It has an option in checkout that allows you to ship to your nearest dealer for free and then just go pick your order up from there. :thumbup:

That was my experience when I placed an order, recently . . .