PDA

View Full Version : How lift a fallen two wheeler

Cavman
06-06-2014, 11:13 AM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HhUj7EJhZiE

Bob Denman
06-06-2014, 11:28 AM
:shocked: She's kidding; right? :shocked:
Facing forward, and using your hips as leverage to raise the bike; gives you MUCH more control over it. :thumbup:

ARCTIC
06-06-2014, 11:49 AM
I think that's a solid technique. Looks good:thumbup:

Bob Denman
06-06-2014, 11:54 AM
If you end up with your feet going out from underneath you from pushing; it'll dump you back down HARD, on top of the side of the bike!:yikes:

Chupaca
06-06-2014, 11:55 AM
the only big bike I picked up was my wing after an unfortunate encounter with a pothole. That was the only way with several broken ribs but the case savers did make it a lot easier. Only difference is once upright turn and let it down on the side stand..jmo...:thumbup:

ARtraveler
06-06-2014, 01:34 PM
A good technique. The last time I needed to have my two wheeler picked up (Vulcan 2000cc--950 # or so), I got two strong guys to assist me. I slipped on ice when I was bringing it into a gas station. The case savers also helped a bit.

bruiser
06-06-2014, 04:08 PM
Works every time. This is the way Harley teaches new riders. I saw the same demo at the IMS last year. The MSC teaches it too.

daveinva
06-06-2014, 04:34 PM
Meanwhile, how to lift a Spyder:

Dan_Ashley
06-06-2014, 10:58 PM
I went out to the garage and knocked my Spyder over. Then I called the girl in the video. She refused to come over and set it back up. She had a real bad attitude about the whole thing. Methinks she should Ryde more.

IdahoMtnSpyder
06-07-2014, 12:59 AM
If you end up with your feet going out from underneath you from pushing; it'll dump you back down HARD, on top of the side of the bike!:yikes:
If you don't have good footing to begin with, don't even try to pick it up by yourself! Otherwise, she is showing the best way. I saw a video of a a 90 lb lady police officer pick up a Goldwing that way! Dropped on the right side is the easy side. You have the kick stand to stop it when it goes past midpoint. More tricky when it's on the left side. You don't dare let it go past midpoint, but then if it does, you get to pick it up on the easy side! :roflblack:

cognaccruiser
06-07-2014, 10:15 AM
That is the best way to do it. I have picked up my Wing this way once and my Venture 3 times. The Venture is as heavy as a Wing but for a few pounds. I'm 160 lbs. It is much easier if picking it up if the side stand is on the opposite side. Otherwise I liked to have someone there to support it so you don't go too far and dump it the other way. Visit the Venture riders site or a Wing site and this is what you will see demonstrated as the proper technique. If you have never done it you will be amazed at how much easier it is.

Gary

Barlock
06-07-2014, 11:17 AM
demonstrated by Aruba police:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QO-fW6ZeXuk

JerryB
06-07-2014, 03:47 PM
Hi Winger,

Re: You don't dare let it go past midpoint, but then if it does, you get to pick it up on the easy side!

But then both sides match.

:yikes:

Jerry Baumchen