PDA

View Full Version : Best Bluetooth Intercom?

mikecronis
06-06-2014, 05:44 AM
Considering getting a Gen3 Bluetooth intercom system for a pair of helmets. I hear J&M have the best audio quality (a must). If you pair 3 devices: a second helmet, an audio player, and a GPS system, how can you prioritize these three devices such that they auto-interrupt each other?

Secondly, I've read fairly poor reviews on Bluetooth sets such as Uclear and Sena but a lot of folks are apparently not audiophiles and find these just fine. I'm a bit picky and shop for matched vacuum tubes for my guitar gear if that means anything to anyone here and find BluRay-Audio discs as acceptable now as vinyl. MP3 files and worse-still M4A files make me want to scratch my eyes out even at their highest fidelity options as it sounds like pixilated mush.

Recommendations?

mastertek2000
06-06-2014, 05:46 AM
i like my sena smh10 they have a great warranty and support

Eagle1
06-06-2014, 06:37 AM
Matching tubes? ?, Most of us don't have matching socks !!:yikes:
I have Sena and love them.

jcthorne
06-06-2014, 07:30 AM
I have the Sena SMH-10R. The speakers that come with the set are not great, the radio and controls are! I went with an upgraded set of helmet speakers and the sound quality is MUCH better. Still lots of wind noise to contend with in the helmet but much more enjoyable commuting to work.

jaherbst
06-06-2014, 07:38 AM
I have the Sena SMH-10R. The speakers that come with the set are not great, the radio and controls are! I went with an upgraded set of helmet speakers and the sound quality is MUCH better. Still lots of wind noise to contend with in the helmet but much more enjoyable commuting to work.

Use foam earplugs and turn up the volume. You will like it!

Chupaca
06-06-2014, 01:52 PM
we have had scalas and currently have the G9's. They have been great and worked flawlessly. But I have never tried the others.....:thumbup::ohyea:

mikecronis
06-06-2014, 03:28 PM
All very nice but how do you prioritize Bluetooth connected devices as asked earlier, and of those who like theirs, I must ask if you think iTunes is acceptable audio quality? This is just as a barometer for quality. I'm a rock guitarist and get a bit picky on tone, okay, obsessively so. Guilty as charged. I don't judge those that like iTunes quality M4A files, or MP3 at 320kbps, I suspect they can't hear any difference. To me, CD-quality is sub-par. Interestingly, 8-Track tape quality, because of it's speed (like SP on a VHS tape vs EP or LP) is actually superior to a CD (when it's actually working and the rate remains constant due to the always tensing coil).

jaherbst
06-06-2014, 03:36 PM
All very nice but how do you prioritize Bluetooth connected devices as asked earlier, and of those who like theirs, I must ask if you think iTunes is acceptable audio quality? This is just as a barometer for quality. I'm a rock guitarist and get a bit picky on tone, okay, obsessively so. Guilty as charged. I don't judge those that like iTunes quality M4A files, or MP3 at 320kbps, I suspect they can't hear any difference. To me, CD-quality is sub-par. Interestingly, 8-Track tape quality, because of it's speed (like SP on a VHS tape vs EP or LP) is actually superior to a CD (when it's actually working and the rate remains constant due to the always tensing coil).

You do realize your living in the town of the greatest Jazz guitar player ever don't you. Johnny Smith Jazz pole number one for years. Used to watch him play at the Band Box in Denver.

Trickie Dick
06-06-2014, 08:31 PM
If you are looking for audiophile quality out of a bluetooth system, stop. You won't find it. You may improve it by higher end speakers,earbuds, etc. I doubt you will find the sound quality that you are looking far at 70 MPH in a helmet. As far as priorities are concerned they assigned by the bluetooth software and generally can't be changed. They may vary by manufacturer.

gnirtsnod
06-06-2014, 08:39 PM

Yeah, I replaced the Sena speakers with J&M helmet speakers and they work great.

Highwayman2013
06-06-2014, 10:25 PM
The helmet speakers are superior to the bike's speakers and I have seen ear plug style earbuds that would probably be superior to helmet speakers. In the end it's great to hear music or your wife or a phone call on your bike while riding.

Savant70648
06-09-2014, 10:18 AM
Yeah, I replaced the Sena speakers with J&M helmet speakers and they work great.

Can you tell me the model or part # of speakers that you ordered, also where. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magdave
06-09-2014, 01:00 PM
Spending loads of $$ does not make it the "Best"

here is what I use
http://www.photo138.com/0/SKS/TJ00800_05.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BT-interphone-Bluetooth-Motorbike-Motorcycle-helmet-intercom-Headset-500M-2a-/111322326339?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item19eb53e543

Speakers will make you go deaf with full range sound turned up. While playing music, phone or inter com will interrupt the music. If talking on the intercom phone will interrupt. I have not had an issue with them.