PDA

View Full Version : Front Tire Wear

Gene
06-05-2014, 02:22 PM
Hi, I have a 2011 RT and love it... Been around the country once, up to Canada from San Diego and just returned from a trip to Monteray, CA. Just an FYI I had to replace my rear tire with a car tire at about 12k miles, but my front tires still look like new except for inter wear on both tires. Has anyone had such a problem. Stopped by my Can-am dealer to ask them about the wear on just the inside and all they did was scratch there heads... And then one guy said it could be when on curves I am giving it gas!!! What am I suppose to do coast?? Concerning to say the least. Any suggestions as to why this occurred, I now have about 22k on my RT.
Very disappointed on the maintenance cost for such an expensive toy, Is it worth it?
Thanks,
Gene

retread
06-05-2014, 03:12 PM
First, find another dealer. Then, find someone who can do a laser alignment for you. Wear on the inside edges is a toe out problem.

john

Larry rt
06-05-2014, 09:29 PM
Agree , had a similar issue , got an alignment . No more uneven tire wear !

Chupaca
06-05-2014, 10:59 PM
find another dealer. Uneven tire wear on the front tires is a good sign of alignment problems. If you can get it aligned and work from there. Have all components in the front end checked....including tire pressure...:thumbup:

ARtraveler
06-06-2014, 02:13 AM
Had exactly the same issue with my 2011 A & C RT. 12500 miles and the right front was worn down on the inside by about an inch wide. The wear was actually causing the tire to shimmy.

Replaced both tires. Dealer did an alignment--the old way--they don't have and don't want to buy the laser version. Said wheel alignment was within spec. Also claimed that it was low air pressure and grooves in the road causing the wear. I was running the tires at 18 # and they changed it to 17#. How's that for fixing low air pressure--nojoke?

Going to another dealer is not an option--so we will see what happens to the new set of tires. Prior to this, I have got 20-23K miles out of the front tires. 2008, 2009, 2010.

murphybrown
06-06-2014, 06:12 AM
Yep big issue with Spyders. Need aligned plus the only one that is proving successful is the ROLO system. And IMHO Squared Away, SpyderAnne and husband Joe do an awesome job..and they are close to you PLUS they travel to lots do areas to get Spyder Owners squared away. They are currently at Heart of Washington Ryde in WA state.
please only use the ROLO alignment..do not allow a dealer to use the old system..does NOT get the job done. Happy aligned Spyder makes for VERY happy Spyder driver. :yes:

Bob Denman
06-06-2014, 07:44 AM
:agree: I was a skeptic until I had mine done. :2thumbs:
Now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EqneoPcjwU

SpyderAnn01
06-06-2014, 01:01 PM
Gene, you definitely need an alignment. Come on up to Las Vegas and we will get you squared away