PDA

View Full Version : They are calling it the "Enclosed Spyder"......

Kratos
06-05-2014, 09:55 AM
http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-ticker/the-new-us-automaker-s--6800--84-mpg-elio--142815228.html

Rando
06-05-2014, 10:52 AM
Until they begin manufacturing and selling them, I call it a "pipe dream".

Kratos
06-05-2014, 11:01 AM
Until they begin manufacturing and selling them, I call it a "pipe dream".

LOL

ARtraveler
06-05-2014, 11:38 AM
Thanks for posting the link. I saw it yesterday and made reference to it in another current thread.

Very slick public relations piece, but nothing new to report to those who have been keeping up with the saga.

joet82
06-05-2014, 12:01 PM
first line is "it's technically a motorcycle, because it has less than 4 wheels." ummmm what motorcycle do you know that has a steering wheel? and is fully enclosed???

Bob Denman
06-05-2014, 12:51 PM
The kind that has less than four wheels...
It fits the definition. :D

Kratos
06-05-2014, 02:54 PM
Thanks for posting the link. I saw it yesterday and made reference to it in another current thread.

Very slick public relations piece, but nothing new to report to those who have been keeping up with the saga.

I figured someone has known about it a while and posted it here. Do you think it's gonna become a reality to the market?

Dan_Ashley
06-05-2014, 03:09 PM
I figured someone has known about it a while and posted it here. Do you think it's gonna become a reality to the market?
Short answer: No.
Long answer: The pro-forma financial statement that I saw for the product shows no possibility of profit. (Now go back to the short answer). You can't manufacture a three wheeled car, market it, create a dealer network, handle administrative costs, deal with warranty costs, and other real business issues (such as shipping, litigation, emissions regulations, *****care, etc.) for less money than the price of a patio roof.

ARtraveler
06-05-2014, 03:15 PM
Short answer: No.
Long answer: The pro-forma financial statement that I saw for the product shows no possibility of profit. (Now go back to the short answer). You can't manufacture a three wheeled car, market it, create a dealer network, handle administrative costs, deal with warranty costs, and other real business issues (such as shipping, litigation, emissions regulations, *****care, etc.) for less money than the price of a patio roof.

I will answer here also. Also do not believe that this is going to become reality. I did early financial projections, and based on what we are hearing now, I also do not think the project is feasible from a financial point of view. This kind of project needs a lot of cash infusion up front and the investors do not seem to be lining up. There is no way they can sell this for the $6800, and make enough profit for a long term existence.

Bob Denman
06-05-2014, 05:08 PM
The financials in their business model are about as optimistic as it is possible to be and still be able to drive legally.
Their projections make Bernie Madoff look honest.
... and when swine fly this will take wing too.

:shocked: I REALLY wish that I had said some of this... :clap: :bowdown:

But I will remain hopeful for the sake of the potential jobs, and the folks who have already put down deposits!

Chupaca
06-05-2014, 05:21 PM
will they meet their projections. They do attract a lot of possible buyers and publicity and may get it going or they will have to return a lot of money (hopefully).
Note: one door and two seats...someones not getting out..!! :roflblack:

Bob Denman
06-05-2014, 05:23 PM
But I WOULD buy a Tee-Shirt...

...for $15! :D

Dan_Ashley
06-05-2014, 05:25 PM
According to THEIR numbers, they have to sell 70,000 units per year to achieve profitability. That is what it will take to meet their fixed costs, and it does not account for warranty costs.

crazyspyder
06-05-2014, 06:02 PM
:shocked:OIL companies will find a way to shut him down ! or the EPA dogs will skyrocket the initial price-like they did the smart car.
would be nice to thumb our noses at the camel jocks though. what will they ever do without our fuel monies.?:rolleyes:
BTW I would sell my spyder in a heart beat and buy 3 of these with the money i get from the sale.

jerpinoy
06-05-2014, 06:52 PM
Pre judgement will always bite in the###. I'll wait and see and I will sell my spyder and buy couple for sure.

Oil companies will try shut it down but will lose because most of us are smarter than before.

jerpinoy
06-05-2014, 07:09 PM
I saw this 3 wheel in Seattle and there's already improvements. The headlights are different and able to test drive by a reporter. More likely I'll buy one, park it next to my spyder and ride it when it rain here in Seattle.

Rando
06-05-2014, 08:58 PM
More likely I'll buy one, park it next to my spyder and ride it when it rains here in Seattle.So it will become your daily driver? LOL

IdahoMtnSpyder
06-05-2014, 11:44 PM
ummmm what motorcycle do you know that has a steering wheel? and is fully enclosed???
The Thoroughbred Stallion. Not enclosed, but it does have a steering wheel, and is sold as a motorcycle.

http://www.motortrike.com/trikeThoroughbredStallion.aspx

(http://www.motortrike.com/trikeThoroughbredStallion.aspx)http://www.thoroughbred-motorsports.com/tm2technical.aspx

ARtraveler
06-06-2014, 01:06 PM
:shocked: I REALLY wish that I had said some of this... :clap: :bowdown:

But I will remain hopeful for the sake of the potential jobs, and the folks who have already put down deposits!

You probably saved yourself some flame. I talked like that early on and got "burned" up a little bit. :roflblack: