PDA

View Full Version : Info about the RT adjustable deflectors

finless
06-05-2014, 09:28 AM
While doing the video on the bent frunk switch, I decided to show folks what the adjustable deflectors are about.

There has been a lot of questions about them recently so I thought this might help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pHb25unZik

Bob

sledhead
06-05-2014, 10:07 AM
Great post Bob.
I noticed that same thing after installing these on my RT LTD.
I didn't make the connection between having the deflector wide open and the extra heat on my foot.
Makes total sense.
Thanks again for the post! :thumbup:

RBS66
06-05-2014, 10:40 AM
Thanks great video and info.

ScooterJeff
06-05-2014, 09:15 PM
I've had the adjustable deflectors for just a week now, but haven't noticed any difference around the right foot. But I was curious about other peoples comments about that. On my 2013 RTS, the "blow hole" as you call it in your video, that whole area is sealed off from the rest of the engine compartment. So I don't really understand how changing the deflector could force air out the blow-hole.

jcthorne
06-06-2014, 05:48 AM
I've had the adjustable deflectors for just a week now, but haven't noticed any difference around the right foot. But I was curious about other peoples comments about that. On my 2013 RTS, the "blow hole" as you call it in your video, that whole area is sealed off from the rest of the engine compartment. So I don't really understand how changing the deflector could force air out the blow-hole.

You are correct. Finless has an '11 which does not have the same air deflector behind the radiator as the 13 does. On a 13 while it will force air IN those vents, the air will come out the bottom or left side of the engine bay, not the radiator heat outlet.