PDA

View Full Version : Need some help please

GPrice
06-04-2014, 08:31 PM
I'm having to replace the clutch cover and I can't get the nut loose under the diaphragm cover. I know you have to hold with a allen wrench and turn nut but it want come loose. Does anyone have any ideas.

finless
06-04-2014, 08:35 PM
Use a torch and heat it?
Or bring the engine up to temp and it might heat it enough?

Just some ideas.

Bob

Chupaca
06-05-2014, 12:46 AM
what roadster..?? Year and model..?? Clutch cover removal should be the bolts around the cover then pull it off. No need to remove anything else if manual but not sure on the semi auto. Will check shop manual tomorrow...:dontknow: You could try hitting the nut with a smaller socjet and hammer to brake it loose..:dontknow:

midnightbreeze50
06-05-2014, 01:14 AM
what roadster..?? Year and model..?? Clutch cover removal should be the bolts around the cover then pull it off. No need to remove anything else if manual but not sure on the semi auto. Will check shop manual tomorrow...:dontknow: You could try hitting the nut with a smaller socjet and hammer to brake it loose..:dontknow:

I recomend P. B. Blaster , let it soak for about an hour it will come off then.

Midnightbreeze

PW2013STL
06-05-2014, 02:04 AM
I'm having to replace the clutch cover and I can't get the nut loose under the diaphragm cover. I know you have to hold with a allen wrench and turn nut but it want come loose. Does anyone have any ideas.

Sounds like a loc-tite was used on the nut. Heat works the best to brake it loose, but I would not use an open flame here. If you have a heat gun you can heat up the nut with that and then take a punch and tap the face of the nut with a sharpe blow to loosen the loc-tite. It should turn off after that.