PDA

View Full Version : cracked rib

tatt2r
09-12-2008, 09:38 AM
yesterday my girlfriend woke up to a bruised sore side and trouble inhaling ... the day before we had gone on a 300 mile trip around the white mountains of new hampshire on our way back to my shop in salem there was road construction ...the road dropped off.. about 3 inches and i heard her make this uuuuuggg sound ... i said are you all right she said i think so ... she had bounced off the factory back rest and it left a bruise on her side toward the armpit area ... this morning before i left for work i had her sit on bike and sure enough the bruise lined up with left side of the backrest ....
has anyone else had this happen .... i'm thinking of have the seat guy make a softer pad for rest ...

boogllasti
09-12-2008, 10:08 AM
Ribs are surprizing easy to crack. I cracked on once just from coughing!

Vicodin will be a good friend to her right now - :D

daddydarko
09-12-2008, 10:29 AM
Ouch! Been there! A softer pad couldn't hurt.

Aren't they really just borrowing that rib from us men anyway? Ingrates. ;)

NancysToy
09-12-2008, 10:56 AM
Believe it or not, I cracked a couple once just kick starting a Honda 305 Scrambler. You can start on of those pussycats with your bare hand...but not that time! I'd set the rear shock down a notch if she got bounced that bad.
-Scotty

dltang
09-12-2008, 12:13 PM
Ouch! Been there! A softer pad couldn't hurt.

Aren't they really just borrowing that rib from us men anyway? Ingrates. ;)

We didn't borrow it James, we took it for good to make the final product. :clap::clap:

Magic Man
09-12-2008, 01:14 PM
I broke two ribs last year at this time myself. Crashed off my RXT Sea-Doo
doing some GPS runs. OUCH! :shocked:

I make a real big splash at almost 70 MPH I can tell you that for sure! LOL

MM

LaughingHeart
09-12-2008, 04:20 PM
We didn't borrow it James, we took it for good to make the final product. :clap::clap:

Right On!!:2thumbs::2thumbs:

spydeebike
09-12-2008, 04:55 PM
take her to the ER for an xray, just to be sure............cracked ribs can cause internall bleeding:dontknow::mad:

Smylinacha
09-12-2008, 07:33 PM
yesterday my girlfriend woke up to a bruised sore side and trouble inhaling ... the day before we had gone on a 300 mile trip around the white mountains of new hampshire on our way back to my shop in salem there was road construction ...the road dropped off.. about 3 inches and i heard her make this uuuuuggg sound ... i said are you all right she said i think so ... she had bounced off the factory back rest and it left a bruise on her side toward the armpit area ... this morning before i left for work i had her sit on bike and sure enough the bruise lined up with left side of the backrest ....
has anyone else had this happen .... i'm thinking of have the seat guy make a softer pad for rest ...

Hope she feels better soon! never had that happen but I have gone very airborne on the back of HDX's Roadglide when we hit bumps.

tatt2r
09-12-2008, 07:36 PM
thank you too all she is all wrapped up and feelin a bit better ....

NancysToy
09-12-2008, 09:19 PM
thank you too all she is all wrapped up and feelin a bit better ....
That's the ticket. Doctors around here won't wrap them anymore. Say it doesn't help. It may not help heal them, but it sure as :cus: makes them hurt a lot less. The last time I busted some of mine, I had pleurisy, too, and I couln't stand it until they were wrapped. Hope she heals soon!
-Scotty

seaspyder
09-12-2008, 11:49 PM
God went down to visit Adam and saw that he was looking depressed. Adam told God he was feeling a bit lonely. God thought about it for a minute, and told Adam that he would make him the perfect companion. She wouldn't complain, scold or whine, and she would do everything she could do to make him happy for as long as they both lived. Adam told God that sounded pretty good. There was a catch, however. God told Adam it was going to cost him an arm and a leg. Adam thought about that for a while, then asked God, "What can I get for a rib?" :joke:

baldev
09-13-2008, 02:46 AM
God went down to visit Adam and saw that he was looking depressed. Adam told God he was feeling a bit lonely. God thought about it for a minute, and told Adam that he would make him the perfect companion. She wouldn't complain, scold or whine, and she would do everything she could do to make him happy for as long as they both lived. Adam told God that sounded pretty good. There was a catch, however. God told Adam it was going to cost him an arm and a leg. Adam thought about that for a while, then asked God, "What can I get for a rib?" :joke:

:yes::yikes::yes: serve us right!!

Saluda
09-17-2008, 01:07 PM
Hope she heals quickly and it doesn't discourage her. Padded riding jacket ?

barb36jack31
09-18-2008, 07:16 PM
Best of everything in the healing process. So sorry it happened at all.

Condolences,

Jack H.