PDA

View Full Version : Nice weekend

bruiser
06-03-2014, 04:08 PM
Just home today. Spent the weekend in Georgetown and Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Went to Georgetown last Friday. Had a good time with several Spyder friends. Saturday we were hosted by Velocity Power Sports in Summerville, SC. What a great dealer. Wish I lived closer. They provided us with a nice BBQ lunch, a discount on some accessories and a special on laser alignments. Their Ace Tech n was gracious enough to spend his lunch hour providing answers to our many questions concerning the Spyder. I should say that PJ is a factory trained Spyder tech. He knows his stuff. If you take your Spyder to Velocity, it will be PJ who works on it. He stayed late to accommodate us doing the laser alignments as well as updates and answering questions.

Velocity was paid back when THREE new 2014 Spyders were purchased by members of our group. They will deliver one of those, an ST Limited, tomorrow to Jacksonville, NC. I personally want to thank Spike W. for setting all of this up with Velocity. We bid so long to most of our group on Sunday morning. By the way, if you happen to be in Georgetown, stop by the Lands End Restaurant on US 17. You won't regret it. The food and the service was really good. And the Sunday Brunch Buffet left four of us with full bellies. Mine too full.

Sunday after brunch, Kris and I left for the short drive to Myrtle Beach. We spent the time until this morning with her aunt and uncle who moved there last year. If you're in south Myrtle Beach near the airport, check out Market Commons. What they can do with an old Air Force Base is something, and stop at Gordon Biersch Brewery and Restaurant. The Schwarzbier, a dark lager with a slight coffee flavor, is really good and the food is phenomenal.

All told, 556 miles behind barz. Can't say enough about my new comfort seat, huge difference over the OEM seat.

Saluda
06-04-2014, 06:11 AM
Sounds like a great and productive weekend.

SDM
06-04-2014, 06:37 AM
It was great seeing you and Bruiser Baby again and renewing old friendships and making new ones! We should try to do this more often!
The girls. 89475 The guys.8947689477