PDA

View Full Version : When are the 15's being released?

cafejimlv
06-02-2014, 10:14 PM
Will the 1330's be the standard for all spyders? Buy now or wait? :popcorn:

Bob Denman
06-03-2014, 06:47 AM
:dontknow: You won't hear ANYTHING official until the middle of September... :gaah:
So now you can prowl the 'net; searching for unofficial reports of "sightings" of the 2015 models... :D
We DID see pictures of the 2014 RTs in the middle of last Summer...

Chupaca
06-03-2014, 10:07 AM
:agree: it's up to the spy network for advanced photos and rumors...:roflblack:

ARtraveler
06-03-2014, 10:40 AM
I am always gung ho to see and read about the latest "spy" information. However, this time I am just going to sit back, relax, and absorb any and all information.

Don't care what color, what models, what improvements, are coming out for 2015. I think that I am finally so happy with my latest purchase that I am done as far as purchasing a 6th or future :spyder2:.

cafejimlv
06-03-2014, 10:56 AM
Your feedback is appreciated!

cafejimlv
06-03-2014, 11:07 AM
Back in the 80's BMW changed/added 3/4 cyl motors to their line up (K bikes). It caused quite a stir with beemerphiles. It changed everthing.

cuznjohn
06-03-2014, 11:32 AM
thew will come out as soon as you buy a 14

cafejimlv
06-03-2014, 11:37 AM
thew will come out as soon as you buy a 14

I'm sure! :banghead:

ARtraveler
06-03-2014, 11:39 AM
Brp has determined that the '14s are so good they are going to produce them until 2030.

They are already following the pattern with the 2008 GS/RS. :roflblack:

cafejimlv
06-03-2014, 11:46 AM
I am always gung ho to see and read about the latest "spy" information. However, this time I am just going to sit back, relax, and absorb any and all information.

Don't care what color, what models, what improvements, are coming out for 2015. I think that I am finally so happy with my latest purchase that I am done as far as purchasing a 6th or future :spyder2:.

I have a good friend who says the same thing everytime he buys a new bike or car.
:popcorn:

ARtraveler
06-03-2014, 11:49 AM
I have a good friend who says the same thing everytime he buys a new bike or car.

Yep for sure, you betcha. :roflblack: I did say that I was going to hold on to my 2010 forever and was not going to buy the 2014. They do say: "never say never." As an accountant, I did use the "weasel word" think. :roflblack:

:bbq::bbq::bbq:

dndfindley
06-03-2014, 01:30 PM
Will the 1330's be the standard for all spyders? Buy now or wait? :popcorn:

I am waiting for an RSS that handles as good as a sportbike. It may never happen but I think BRP could make one if they wanted. I have owned an RS a few years ago and currently have an RT. I had a sportbike (Yamaha R6) in between. I like the comfort of the RT but I miss being able to scream thru the twisties. I think an exceptionally good handling RSS would be a good compromise and one I would stand a better chance of living (literal sense) with.

Bob Denman
06-03-2014, 01:34 PM
Do you think that it would take a fully-articulated "leaner", to grab your interest? :dontknow:

cafejimlv
06-03-2014, 02:22 PM
Do you think that it would take a fully-articulated "leaner", to grab your interest? :dontknow:

I still ride two wheels and yes leaning still equals control for me. I've been test driving/riding the spyders and find them interesting (enough to put a down payment on an rt). Control I'm sure will come in time as I unlearn my two wheel ways. I considered keeping my fjr, but believe it would be counter productive to mastering the Spyder. I must say there are interesting products coming on the market shortly and look forward to test rides. Time will tell if the Spyder will be viable in future. :lecturef_smilie:

cafejimlv
06-03-2014, 08:19 PM
My RT arrived at my dealer. It will be ready next Tuesday.

IdahoMtnSpyder
06-03-2014, 08:39 PM

The license plate on a car of one of the guys in my church says "Last 1". I've been told it's now on the third car!

Topshotta
06-03-2014, 08:48 PM
I still ride two wheels and yes leaning still equals control for me. I've been test driving/riding the spyders and find them interesting (enough to put a down payment on an rt). Control I'm sure will come in time as I unlearn my two wheel ways. I considered keeping my fjr, but believe it would be counter productive to mastering the Spyder. I must say there are interesting products coming on the market shortly and look forward to test rides. Time will tell if the Spyder will be viable in future. :lecturef_smilie:

I still ride my 2 wheel, so there is no jealousy in the garage. I must say that I feel much more comfortable on the spyder, as much as I like the leaning on the 2wheel
i have learnt how to lean and shift my body weight on the spyder..... Much more fun

dndfindley
06-04-2014, 06:28 AM

A "leaner" would be optimum but I would settle for conventional providing it handled much better than the current models and that would mean Nanny would have to be tuned to allow the rear to drift and the rear wheel to spin.

Bob Denman
06-04-2014, 07:00 AM
:shocked: That sounds like a tall order...
Maybe the good folks at Bosch can take another look at allowing some optional settings that are switchable??? :dontknow:
(Have you tried a 2014 RS with the sport-tuned VSS?)

iSpyder
06-04-2014, 07:11 AM
Yep for sure, you betcha. :roflblack: I did say that I was going to hold on to my 2010 forever and was not going to buy the 2014.

I said that with my 2012 :shocked:

PMay
06-04-2014, 09:19 AM
I had my 13 for less than a year. Test drove the 14 RT Limited and it's now in my garage! All I can say is WOW, night & day difference. I finally found my true love! Eh hem. Hope my wife does not read this lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarkLawson
06-04-2014, 03:46 PM
While at Daytona, Lamont had me talk to a fella from BRP, some guy who's a "decision-maker' on the Spyder development team, about my thoughts for future Spyders. I told him that the changes to the RT as far as heat management and range appear to have been resolved, provided they work at advertised. I told him that I would like to see them turn their attention to a significant upgrade on the audio system on the RT. I said they should make the intercom standard equipment instead of being tied to the CB. (Fred Rau was listening in & gave a harty "Amen" to that suggestion.) I also said the Entertainment Harness should be installed during assembly, not as a part of the CB/Intercom install. They must be killing potential sales of those options because they have screwed their customers and dealers alike with the increased difficulty in installations. They are lagging behind other tour bikes & should consider looking at what Harley has done for 2014 as a goal. The Harely audio system includes multiple Blutooth inputs, navigation, cell, iPod, a large LCD screen with toggles for navigating the screens, touch screen or voice activated! I told him that both of my brothers looked at 2014 Harleys (Tri-Glide and Ultra Classic) NOT becuase of the audio system, but when they saw and heard it, it became 25% of their decision to buy. That's got to be HUGE in the eyes of the bean counters.

I also told him I would be willing to pay an extra $1500 for the upgrades mentioned (Lamont told me I needed to tell him how much I'd be willing to pay for the suggested upgrades.)

MikeT
06-05-2014, 09:00 AM
While at Daytona, Lamont had me talk to a fella from BRP, some guy who's a "decision-maker' on the Spyder development team, about my thoughts for future Spyders. I told him that the changes to the RT as far as heat management and range appear to have been resolved, provided they work at advertised. I told him that I would like to see them turn their attention to a significant upgrade on the audio system on the RT. I said they should make the intercom standard equipment instead of being tied to the CB. (Fred Rau was listening in & gave a harty "Amen" to that suggestion.) I also said the Entertainment Harness should be installed during assembly, not as a part of the CB/Intercom install. They must be killing potential sales of those options because they have screwed their customers and dealers alike with the increased difficulty in installations. They are lagging behind other tour bikes & should consider looking at what Harley has done for 2014 as a goal. The Harely audio system includes multiple Blutooth inputs, navigation, cell, iPod, a large LCD screen with toggles for navigating the screens, touch screen or voice activated! I told him that both of my brothers looked at 2014 Harleys (Tri-Glide and Ultra Classic) NOT becuase of the audio system, but when they saw and heard it, it became 25% of their decision to buy. That's got to be HUGE in the eyes of the bean counters.

I hope BRP listens to your well thought out input. Not only does H-D have an integrated communication/entertainment system in their Touring models; so does the GL1800. I currently have an'09 Comfort/Navi/XM Hannigan Trike. I just had reconstructive surgery on my left hand as a result of osteoarthritis. Only time will tell if I will be able to clutch my GL1800 trike. I have considered going to a '14 SE6 RT-S or LTD. The stumbling block for me is that I'll "loose" to much in the comfort/convenience areas going to the BRP product without spending signifigant $$$$$$s on options + instillation. I think the 2014 TriGlide riders would come to the same conclusion. My ''97 FLHTCUI only lacked the heated seats, grips and XM radio that I have on my '09 trike. Surely, BRP can see the logic behind bringing their top-of-the line touring bikes up to par with the competition, and at a competitive price.
Mike
Mike

Kratos
06-05-2014, 09:53 AM
It would be good for the sport variant to get a boost in power.

Bob Denman
06-05-2014, 09:56 AM
:D Time will tell...
Tick... Tick... Tick... :shocked:

otter28169
06-05-2014, 08:24 PM
I m with Kratos. The RS-S should get a power plant that would make it fast. Forget leaning, upgrades to the RT, and color choices. It is just............:bdh:How about we come up with some fresh ideas like an "adventure bike", one with forward controls so you can sit back with your legs forward, or even a mini-spyder for the kids to ride around the lawn. There are several other sections of the market that desperately need a spyder model, such as the HyPer Bike. Seeing that the base price on the RS has dropped, now the RS-S can really be worth the extra money if there is a more powerful motor.

Just sayin'............

happyspyder2039
06-05-2014, 09:13 PM
Will the 1330's be the standard for all spyders? Buy now or wait? :popcorn:when all the 2014's Are SOLD!!!

Chief-J
06-09-2014, 07:49 AM
Hope they relocate the Coolant Tank so your big hands can remove the filler cap. And I hope they have a screw on oil filter this time around.