PDA

View Full Version : Back from 2500 mile ride to Reno and home again

bluestratos
06-02-2014, 01:23 PM
Had a blast this time with the 1330, I traveled alone and pulling the trailer but no issues at any time. I got 32 mpg with the trailer and 36 without it so not bad. Temps were in the 70 and 80 but one day it was over 90 and I am pleased to say no heat, not even on the seat.

Even with the trailer in tow I could accelerate from 70 t0 80 for a safe pass and if I dropped it down 2 gears I could sling shot around a car when need be.

I took the road up to Virginia City which is a beautiful ride full of serious twisties. The new sway bar allowed me to hold my own with the sport bikes that were ahead of me.

I decided to see how far I could go on a tank when I was pulling the trailer but at 218 miles I decided to pull off and get gas. As I rolled up to the pumps she died and I coasted right to the pump. I tried restarting several times but no go, she was dry! It took 6.419 gallons to fill her up then when I went to restart I gave the fuel pump a chance to prime up then hit the key and she started immediately.

Coming back from Carson City I took the new highway which runs through a very windy area. The cross wind was there most of the ride, I would say from 25-40 mph. No problem, yes I could feel the wind but I was control and no wandering!

The stock seat was amazing, I could ride all day and other than getting off for gas every 4 hours or so I felt little discomfort. Every so often I would stand up and drive for a mile or two then back in the saddle as good as new. Considering I had surgery for a broken back less about a year ago this was amazing.

So, great trip, great time, great weather and good memories :-)

Next weekend is the Heart of Washington Ride but it will be a breeze compared to Reno and back.

Bob Denman
06-02-2014, 01:27 PM
Glad to hear that you had a great trip! :D
218 miles; pulling a trailer... :bowdown: :firstplace:
You are VERY brave! :thumbup:

ARtraveler
06-02-2014, 01:38 PM
Great trip. Glad you had a good time.

I have done 218 miles once before filling, but was cruising in the neighborhood of the gas station.

bluestratos
06-02-2014, 02:10 PM
Glad to hear that you had a great trip! :D
218 miles; pulling a trailer... :bowdown: :firstplace:
You are VERY brave! :thumbup:

Lol.. not so brave, I had a gallon and a 1/2 gas can with me, lol. I did find that my milage dropped any time I was over 60 mph but I got better milage with the trailer than my 11 got with out it... way cool

Bob Denman
06-02-2014, 02:30 PM
:shocked: Now, you're not only brave...
You're brave, AND smart! :D :2thumbs:

Chupaca
06-02-2014, 03:46 PM
love the happy campers enjoying the great outdoors. Sounds like a great trip without a hitch. Now off again short but hope it is just as good a trip..!! :thumbup::ohyea:

R&L Limted
06-03-2014, 01:00 PM
Had a blast this time with the 1330, I traveled alone and pulling the trailer but no issues at any time. I got 32 mpg with the trailer and 36 without it so not bad. Temps were in the 70 and 80 but one day it was over 90 and I am pleased to say no heat, not even on the seat.

Even with the trailer in tow I could accelerate from 70 t0 80 for a safe pass and if I dropped it down 2 gears I could sling shot around a car when need be.

I took the road up to Virginia City which is a beautiful ride full of serious twisties. The new sway bar allowed me to hold my own with the sport bikes that were ahead of me.

I decided to see how far I could go on a tank when I was pulling the trailer but at 218 miles I decided to pull off and get gas. As I rolled up to the pumps she died and I coasted right to the pump. I tried restarting several times but no go, she was dry! It took 6.419 gallons to fill her up then when I went to restart I gave the fuel pump a chance to prime up then hit the key and she started immediately.

Coming back from Carson City I took the new highway which runs through a very windy area. The cross wind was there most of the ride, I would say from 25-40 mph. No problem, yes I could feel the wind but I was control and no wandering!

The stock seat was amazing, I could ride all day and other than getting off for gas every 4 hours or so I felt little discomfort. Every so often I would stand up and drive for a mile or two then back in the saddle as good as new. Considering I had surgery for a broken back less about a year ago this was amazing.

So, great trip, great time, great weather and good memories :-)

Next weekend is the Heart of Washington Ride but it will be a breeze compared to Reno and back.Just wanted to ask do you have a backrest & if so what type, I had to change careers a yr. ago due to leaking disc's and have noticed after about 50 to 75 miles , I start to get pretty sore. Thank you in advance for reply.Proud that you are riding pain free!:bowdown:

stillriding
06-03-2014, 02:21 PM
​Did you get a "low fuel" warning light...and if so, at how many miles?

jimclarkf1
06-03-2014, 03:36 PM
you are what it is all about,,,,THANK YOU,,,

jthornton
06-03-2014, 04:55 PM
Sounds like a nice trip. I can't wait for BRP to make a purdy one in blue.

JT