PDA

View Full Version : Flag Mounts

Vidman
05-31-2014, 07:53 AM
I am interested in opinions of the flag mounts for my RT's rear trunk. I have two that I am interested in. The Rivco flag mounts (attach to holes in the rear trunk) and the Rumpling Pride attach to the Luggage Rack. My intention is to display only two at a time. Old Glory and POW/MIA.

Any opinions from those who have either?

No need to start another thread on how to display them. That is well covered here.

Thanks

Durwood
05-31-2014, 08:17 AM
I have the Rumbling Pride mounts on my Spyder rs. My only two complaints on their product is that the flag poles are plastic and the top caps for them seem very easy to strip the male adapter part if you are not really careful.

oldguyinTX
05-31-2014, 08:24 AM
I have had the Rivco dual flag mount on my RT for about a year. A good product that is well made and ridiculously easy to install. Be aware that if you have a travel or full cover, you have to remove the stalks in order to put the cover on. I carry a small - about 3" long - 7/16" box/open end wrench in the glove compartment for easy removal, and I store them in the rear cargo trunk. I fly the colors on the right, and POW/MIA on the left. I think that you would be very happy with this setup. I am not familiar with the Rumbling Pride mount, so I can't give on opinion on that.

strmgra
05-31-2014, 09:16 AM
I am interested in opinions of the flag mounts for my RT's rear trunk. I have two that I am interested in. The Rivco flag mounts (attach to holes in the rear trunk) and the Rumpling Pride attach to the Luggage Rack. My intention is to display only two at a time. Old Glory and POW/MIA.

Any opinions from those who have either?

No need to start another thread on how to display them. That is well covered here.

Thanks

I have the Rivco, they mount perfectly. Work great & look Great. Well made

Larry rt
05-31-2014, 10:13 AM
I have Rivco dual , if you use half cover, just lower windshield it fits, no removing of stalks (if you have a small flex antenna) . If you have the large antenna , I cut slits where stalks are, took cover to leather sewing lace and had them see a piece of leather around hole, like a button hole, works great!

RyderJCF
05-31-2014, 10:55 AM
I have the rivco duals and they work great! And no issues with either full or half ultra guard covers:yes:

Vidman
05-31-2014, 11:00 AM
Does the Rivco clear the Shiw Chrome luggage rack?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maliamd
05-31-2014, 12:04 PM
I have the Rivco flag mount and it is great but a little $$. Easy to install and very sturdy. I bought my flags on Amazon. As a previous thread stated, you need to take the mount off if you are putting a full cover on the bike.