PDA

View Full Version : RS VS. ST

coz
05-30-2014, 05:41 PM
does the st handle differently from the rs? i was under the impression that they were the same bike with only cosmetic differences, and slightly different riding positions. any current st owners, that were former rs owners care to comment?:popcorn:

Bob Denman
05-30-2014, 05:44 PM
Coz,
Are you getting... :shocked: curious?? :D

ARCTIC
05-30-2014, 05:56 PM
They feel different. From an 08 RS to a 13 ST. Took a few hundred miles to get adjusted. I like the ST now and wouldn't ever go back. It's sporty and a cruiser

coz
05-30-2014, 06:49 PM
Coz,
Are you getting... :shocked: curious?? :Dbut never say never:rolleyes:

ARCTIC
05-30-2014, 07:43 PM
but never say never:rolleyes:

Go test drive one.... I double dog dare ya :roflblack:

flaggerphil
05-30-2014, 09:20 PM
Having ridden both (as well as the RT, of course), they are different Spyders. Personally, I'm most comfortable on an RT, followed by the ST, then the RS.

Chupaca
05-30-2014, 09:33 PM
there is a test ryde in your future. The different seating will make it feel different but once you get the hang of it who knows. I don' t do a lot freeway type ryding so really happy with the RS..happy trails...:ohyea::ohyea:

claychaser
05-31-2014, 09:06 AM
does the st handle differently from the rs? i was under the impression that they were the same bike with only cosmetic differences, and slightly different riding positions. any current st owners, that were former rs owners care to comment?:popcorn:

As others have said, take a back to back test drive. We have a 2013 ST Limited and love it. We had the dealer install the factory backrest and my wife loves it on back. I take the backrest and bags off when I am solo and the bike looks really good that way. The driving posititon for me is pretty darn good. The test drive is the deciding point for you. Enjoy!

Brogers57
05-31-2014, 09:45 AM
but never say never:rolleyes:

Coz you'll be happy, i've decided to stay an RS owner... For now =)

SpyderRx
05-31-2014, 12:56 PM
I have driven both and still own an 09 RS. I think the biggest difference in the feel of the bike may be going from cable to electronic throttle. It would take a little time to get use to. I have test driven the st as well as driven my friend's and must say in my observation the st just gives you a much smoother ride. Not sure if its the difference in tires, frame, shocks, or what but it is smoother than my RS. The st will be my next bike!

coz
05-31-2014, 02:03 PM
if i rode one i might do something stupid, then i'd have to build ANOTHER pipe.:roflblack: just gathering information for now.:rolleyes: i'm happy with my gs. it's soooooo black.:thumbup:
after reading tazzel's thread on a ''wobbly'' st it got me thinking about what the real differences are between the two bikes.

Bob Denman
05-31-2014, 08:30 PM
Go test drive one.... I double dog dare ya :roflblack:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJ1lYZvQ370

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-31-2014, 10:55 PM
if i rode one i might do something stupid, then i'd have to build ANOTHER pipe.:roflblack: just gathering information for now.:rolleyes: i'm happy with my gs. it's soooooo black.:thumbup:
after reading tazzel's thread on a ''wobbly'' st it got me thinking about what the real differences are between the two bikes.

Just put the BRACKETS on and you will have a NEW ride for FREE...

DrewNJ
06-01-2014, 08:01 AM
Since you already have the old man bar risers, floorboards, taller windshield, and the ST seat Just take yours for a ride.... :D you basically have the ST ergos already except with 6 more HP.

However, I totally understand the itch for a new machine....haha.

Ride safe cozman!

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

ARCTIC
06-01-2014, 08:15 AM
Since you already have the old man bar risers, floorboards, taller windshield, and the ST seat Just take yours for a ride.... :D you basically have the ST ergos already except with 6 more HP.

Ride safe cozman!

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

Cruise control and a radio is what lured me to plunking down the cash. Then I discovered that I was getting saddlebags and GPS too :dg2::dg1:

Rockwall
06-01-2014, 10:33 AM
I'll stick with more horsepower and less electronics to fail.:doorag:

coz
06-01-2014, 03:13 PM

Ride safe cozman!

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalkdid u say old man risers:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:?i'have no desire to switch to an st. maybe when i'm 60.

DrewNJ
06-01-2014, 04:12 PM
did u say old man risers:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:?i'have no desire to switch to an st. maybe when i'm 60.

haha...you caught that..???? :D

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Silvervette05
06-01-2014, 04:46 PM
i had an 08 sm5 for about 2 years and if I remember about 6000 miles on it, the RTS e5 ,12 I have now
(950) miles on it now the rts seems about on par with the 08 I had , I have run the 12 hard and it does handle good, I did know this that under cornering the front brake will kick in and adjust the cornering speed for you
All in all the 12 is a great platform :thumbup:

Silvervette05
06-01-2014, 06:42 PM
Sorry miss read that , mine is a RT