PDA

View Full Version : Updates on carrying canes on a Spyder RT

sddinnh
05-30-2014, 02:23 PM
I look thru the posts, but none of the recommendations "tripped my trigger". Anybody come up with a any more good alternative ways of carrying a cane on a Spyder?

Princeau99
05-30-2014, 02:31 PM
I purchased a "hurricane" It folds up nicely. So far, seems sturdy.

ARtraveler
05-30-2014, 02:50 PM
I use a folding cane and carry it in the frunk or the back top trunk. Folded into thirds, it is a nice fit. My fancy carved cane from Hawaii, stays in the car.

Chupaca
05-30-2014, 02:55 PM
I also carry a folding cane. Now if you have a fancy, elegant or unique one then you need a mounting system. Saw one recently with a hook up for crutches should have snapped a pic but he didn't stop...:thumbup:

Pennyrick
05-30-2014, 03:08 PM
I look thru the posts, but none of the recommendations "tripped my trigger". Anybody come up with a any more good alternative ways of carrying a cane on a Spyder?

The one my wife uses will only work if you have a trailer hitch and don't carry a passenger.

She just found two bungie cords that work perfectly.

If you didn't have a hitch to tie it to, I would drill two holes in the lower fender to tie the bungies into.

See where she drilled the hole to mount her gremlin bell... that place would work.

sddinnh
05-30-2014, 03:24 PM
It's not a fancy one, so it could be replaced and no, no trailer hitch.
It's a metal collapsable one that telescopes down to about 26 inches (about an inch bigger than the frunk :gaah:). Normally it's not a problem and I just use velcro strips to hook it across the back seat. However, next week I'm going to be carrying a passenger up to Americade (a buddies daughter, so don't get all excited for me :lecturef_smilie:) so I need to find an alternative place to put it by Monday. Maybe I'll just drive up to Rite Aid and see if they have anything that will collapse down shorter.

Oldmanzues
05-30-2014, 03:31 PM
Walmart had a "look a like for the HUrryCane I bought and like. The HurryCane does fit in the trunk just fine.
No idea how good the look a like is.
Good Luck
Oldmanzues

Dan_Ashley
05-30-2014, 03:55 PM
My wife has a folding cane that fits nicely into one of the saddle bags.

acinpcola
05-30-2014, 05:18 PM
It's not a fancy one, so it could be replaced and no, no trailer hitch.
It's a metal collapsable one that telescopes down to about 26 inches (about an inch bigger than the frunk :gaah:). Normally it's not a problem and I just use velcro strips to hook it across the back seat. However, next week I'm going to be carrying a passenger up to Americade (a buddies daughter, so don't get all excited for me :lecturef_smilie:) so I need to find an alternative place to put it by Monday. Maybe I'll just drive up to Rite Aid and see if they have anything that will collapse down shorter.

This is like the one that I have and it fits in the frunk as I angle it across the back of the frunk. Looking into the frunk straight down, the bottom of the cane is placed in the lower left side and the curved handle sits on the upper right just below the gasket.

ptbperegrine
05-30-2014, 11:22 PM

I use a couple of folding metal canes, they fit easily in the "Frunk" but are much more convenient sitting in the BRP accessory bag that fits on top of the fuel tank.
:doorag:

sddinnh
06-01-2014, 03:43 PM
I broke down yesterday and went cane shopping. I found a foldable one that fits crossways in the trunk, so it's nice and out of the way when riding. Thanks guys for all the suggestions and help :firstplace: and if this doesn't work out, I'll resurrect the post :bowdown:

bzbaeren
06-01-2014, 05:00 PM
I purchased a "hurricane" It folds up nicely. So far, seems sturdy.I did the same it works great