PDA

View Full Version : My new Can-Am

erikkelly
05-30-2014, 08:51 AM
Since my girlfriend likes to ride passenger on the spyder, and we both love the outdoors, well the next progression was to buy this bad boy. 2014 Outlander Max XT in camo. 1000 engine (so 976cc). Took a while to get it, the dealer here had troubles finding this model, as 2Up atvs arent that super popular. The gf is super excited, she asks me every day when we can go ride it. I debated just getting 2 cheaper atv models, so we could both ride, but she said she would rather ride as passenger, so here we go with the big boy!

Came in last Thursday. Let me tell you how nerve-wracking it was to load the atv on the ramps to the back of the truck. Thing is so big, it didnt even fit in the bed, had to have the tailgate down. Because the bed of the truck is so high, the angle of the loading ramps was pretty steep, felt like driving it up a vertical incline. So...

Yesterday I decided to just get a trailer. A 6x10, so the spyder can fit on it too. That way, I can tow the atv, or the spyder, and still put the atv in the bed if i choose, to take all my toys with me.

Bob Denman
05-30-2014, 09:05 AM
Those one-litre Outties are WAY BADD! :clap: :thumbup:
:congrats: Let's see some pics of it throwing some mud in the air!! :2thumbs:

Chupaca
05-30-2014, 03:29 PM
way cool quad. Didn't kniw they had them eith backrest and armrests..should be comfy untill you go wildly off road..:roflblack: Be safe both of you..!! :2thumbs:

Bob Denman
05-30-2014, 04:21 PM
The "MAX" designation tells you that it's a two-person bike... :thumbup:

erikkelly
05-30-2014, 06:16 PM
Thanks guys.

Yeah its a beast.. the thumb throttle is super touchy, with that big of an engine. and considering i'm used to the spyder throttle, its a bit to get used to. we're taking her out mudding this sunday.

btw the backseat is super comfortable, and its got the "oh ****" handles. actually it feels like sitting in the passenger seat of an rt. holds you nicely. she will like it