PDA

View Full Version : Cat Bypass Install Tips

taxmyzer
05-29-2014, 10:33 PM
Received cat bypass from Pitbull via UPS today. First impression quality piece of manufacturing kudos to the team at LaMonster Garage & Pitbull Powersports. Suggestion to manufacturer, if you want to make the end user experience a better one use pipe expansion tool on pipe ends prior to shipping to make installation easier.

My Installation took about 45 minutes once I was able to get a second pair of hands to assist with the install.

Tip # 1) Install slip joints on down pipes instead of bypass.

Tip # 2) Apply small amount of lithium grease on outside of slip joints.

Tip #3) Apply lithium grease on inside of Bypass pipe ends.

Tip #4) I found installing the left side first & having assistant hold it in place to be easier.

Tip #5) When installing the right side wedge a piece of wood between the engine and the down tube where it connects to the bypass in order to make the bypass and the down tube line up better.

The grease will burn away when you start the bike and let it run (some smoke will appear but it will dissipate). This will make it a lot easier to push the pipe into place using a jack.

Results:

Sound: Akrapovic muffler w/o baffles more throatier and deeper sound.
Performance: Definitely more low end Torque.
Heat: Will have to wait & see when hotter days arrive.

Happy with this Mod!:yes::yes:

Hope this helps.

Chupaca
05-29-2014, 10:42 PM
Thanks for that..know it will help those venturing into cat installation on their own..!!...:2thumbs:

cuznjohn
05-29-2014, 11:21 PM
glad you enjoy the bypass, right now my bike is apart because i am installing the hand brake system, it should be finished tomorrow. weather permitting i will be at oak beach on sunday and i will bring the antenna with me

SNOOPY
05-30-2014, 05:40 AM
Did you order this through a web link or have to call somewhere?

taxmyzer
05-30-2014, 06:33 AM
Did you order this through a web link or have to call somewhere?

I ordered from Pitbull Powersports.