PDA

View Full Version : Position Lights

SpyderMonkei
05-29-2014, 10:42 AM
I am sure I shorted something out but I have limited skills electrically.

My driver side position light is out, other side works fine. I probably shorted it out somehow when I was installing a TricLed item.

Here is what I have checked so far.

1. Position Light itself is good. It works on the other side.
2. I put a fluke on it and am getting no signal to the bulb.

I really don't know where to go from here. I looked at the Spyder shop manual and it says the ground wire may need to be replaced.

Where do I start to replace such an item?

Vehicle is a 2012 RT

Thanks in advance.

Bob Denman
05-29-2014, 10:50 AM
The TricLED LED lights are polarity sensitive... :shocked:
Try reversing your leads on them, and see if it makes a difference...

zuni
05-29-2014, 10:51 AM
You didn't say but have you already checked the fuse? If so what other items are in that circuit and are they working?

CJ JAX

Chupaca
05-29-2014, 11:00 AM
back track what you did while installing. If one side is working it's not the fuse but like Bob said led are polarity sensative. Try reversing the side not working..!! :thumbup:

zuni
05-29-2014, 11:24 AM
I thought the OP was talking about the fender position lights and not the LED's he installed as he mentions the "bulb" and that it works on the other side.

CJ JAX

SpyderMonkei
05-29-2014, 11:26 AM
back track what you did while installing. If one side is working it's not the fuse but like Bob said led are polarity sensative. Try reversing the side not working..!! :thumbup:

I have tried to do that, and you are right about the fuse, both sides run off the same fuse, but even at the first OEM closest to the body I am not getting anything on the fluke. No reading at all.

Olddood
05-29-2014, 12:26 PM
Have you checked the connector on the a-arm going to that marker light? Check to insure pin isn't bent. Hope this helps......