PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Motorsports Lithia Springs

Asdgirl
05-29-2014, 07:39 AM
So far I only have good things to say about them. This may all change after I get my bike back from it's 14k service, but I hope not!

Both my husband and I have a prepaid maintenance plan with them on all 3 of our bikes - if you're curious how they work, you basically pay a pre-determined amount up front, rolled up in the cost of the loan. From both having worked there as well as being a customer I will say THEY ARE WORTH IT. They cover the first 6 services of the bike and that always includes the 'BIG' service, which for us is the 14k service.

We normally visit MMS Conyers but with the big 'shake up' going on over there, they have a wait of 4-5 weeks out right now. Not happening! So, MMS Lithia Springs is closer to my office (in terms of traffic getting home) compared to MMS Marietta so we decided to take my husbands 2014 FJR there for it's first service. Simple stuff, so there shouldn't have been anything wrong, nothing has been. Runs like a champ.

During our last trip over the Memorial weekend I noticed my rear tire needs to be replaced. My husband called around and Freedom Powersports in Lawrenceville quoted him $159 for the same tire + $99 to put it on. Knowing that I needed to get the service done as well, and feeling that it would be incredibly inconvenient to take my bike to two different places for two different services, I decided to call Lithia Springs to see what they could do for me. After explaining to the service manager that I wanted to bring it in for the 14k service, could they match the $99 install price for the tire, especially knowing I will probably be buying the tire from them? I could hear his jaw drop when I told him the $99 price; he explained that their price is more than double that for a Spyder tire install due to how much is involved. :gaah:
I said 'Really? I'm bringing it in for the BIG SERVICE and you're telling me that you're going to charge me almost $300 when you are already going to be down there doing stuff? At least, I hope you are, you should be....'
It finally clicked in his head and he said 'Oh, right, the big service. Sure, I can do the labor on the tire for $85'. :yes:

DEAL! I lucked out once more when the parts department said they had the tire I needed, the only one they had, and would price match the $159. :clap:

Thank YOU MMS Lithia Springs for working with me so wonderfully. I have already been severely inconvenienced by MMS Conyers and I appreciate you making me feel like a customer that you give a crap about. :bowdown:

Cavman
05-29-2014, 07:57 PM
Is that the Yamha dealer on Thorton Road?

Asdgirl
05-30-2014, 06:53 AM
They are on Thornton but sell more than Yamaha's - their sign looks like the one in Conyers does.

631 Thornton Rd Lithia Springs GA 30122

The service guy, I never caught his name, was so patient with me! My husband rode my bike over and I met him there after work. While I was driving I remembered a few other things I wanted them to look at and kept thinking of more crap for them to check out. I eventually said okay, I'm walking away from the bike now so you don't get more annoyed with me. He laughed, really sweet guy.

I'm having them do/check:

14k service

new rear tire
- We noticed the odd wear pattern and I mentioned it to him and he said that the wear on the sides being different may be due to low air pressure at some point, as well as the curve of the roads I am on. He said Can Am recently changed the PSI to 15 in the front (no more 2 PSI +/-) and 28 in the rear (2 PSI +/- which is what it was)

I had the recall done on the fuse boxes - apparently the recall was something about them not sealing properly and moisture getting inside. Well, once I got it back from Conyers, the fuse boxes in the frunk FALL OFF anytime they are touched!

Make sure my headlights are positioned properly as the hubs says he hates riding in front of me because of where they are aimed

I've had an issue with it stalling from a warm start. I end up having to rev the engine for a few seconds before it will idle correctly and not stall. I have never been able to recreate the issue in front of someone other than my husband (which is why we also took video of it when it happened) and yesterday I said 'hey, let's try it' -- and it STALLED! I should not be happy about that but at least now someone in service has actually seen it do that. He told me that he has another Spyder in the shop with the same problem. I'm hoping they can fix it as it is becoming a bigger safety problem every time I ride.

TuckMiddle
05-30-2014, 10:57 AM
Had my 2nd Kumo rear from Direct Tire, $80, mounted for no charge at the recent 14,000 done at 44,000. They had the rear axle all apart anyway and the only extra is the tire on/off and balance. I don't balance Spyder tires, use Ride-on and it does the balancing by magic, as well as protect up to 1/4 inch screws, nails, etc. With the mx program, at my dealer, it is similar to yours, with 6 services over 3 years. If you have all the items on the 14,000 done, some folks don't, it alone will be about 1.5 times the cost, at posted rates, of the mx agreement for all 6 services. My first agreement also included 6 oil changes, and tire changes - this one does not. With lots of arthritis and my back welded together, there is no way I could do all the mx myself and the agreement makes so much fiscal sense, it's the way to go.
:cheers:
Tuck

Asdgirl
05-30-2014, 11:19 AM
Had my 2nd Kumo rear from Direct Tire, $80, mounted for no charge at the recent 14,000 done at 44,000. They had the rear axle all apart anyway and the only extra is the tire on/off and balance. I don't balance Spyder tires, use Ride-on and it does the balancing by magic, as well as protect up to 1/4 inch screws, nails, etc. With the mx program, at my dealer, it is similar to yours, with 6 services over 3 years. If you have all the items on the 14,000 done, some folks don't, it alone will be about 1.5 times the cost, at posted rates, of the mx agreement for all 6 services. My first agreement also included 6 oil changes, and tire changes - this one does not. With lots of arthritis and my back welded together, there is no way I could do all the mx myself and the agreement makes so much fiscal sense, it's the way to go.
:cheers:
Tuck

That seems like a fantastic deal! Yes, with the pre paid maintenance I get the first 6 services over 3 years and have the option to renew it when the time comes. I wish mine had come with the 6 oil changes and tire changes!!! We were tempted to purchase the Kumo but since they had a normal one in stock + I have heard that the non-stock tires are getting less mileage out of them + needing them to look at those other issues, I decided to just go for the tire they had. That might change, it just depends on what kind of life I get out of it :D

Asdgirl
05-30-2014, 11:22 AM
Ashley in service just called and said they found coolant in the oil. He wanted my okay to start the warranty proceedings so they could delve into it more. :banghead:

TuckMiddle
05-31-2014, 07:13 AM
Coolant in the oil, or oil in the coolant?? That stupid seal on the water pump shaft is often the cause of oil in the collant. It's a pain because it may take a few days till the dealer gets the 12 or so parts to repair the water pump. When mine acted up, it was a week. BRP doesn't just replace the pump, only necessary parts to replace that PIA seal. Water in the oil is probably a lot bigger problem. Good luck

Asdgirl
05-31-2014, 06:05 PM
Coolant in the oil, or oil in the coolant?? That stupid seal on the water pump shaft is often the cause of oil in the collant. It's a pain because it may take a few days till the dealer gets the 12 or so parts to repair the water pump. When mine acted up, it was a week. BRP doesn't just replace the pump, only necessary parts to replace that PIA seal. Water in the oil is probably a lot bigger problem. Good luck

Yeah he said coolant in the water. It's still got a warranty so it'll be covered. Since it is in for the big service I was expecting to wait several days to get it back anyway lol.

Cavman
06-01-2014, 12:01 AM
I may have to check out this dealer. I rode by there today and noticed they have changed their name or were bought out from the old dealer?

I have a dead 1982 XS650SJ Yamaha that I need to get rid of since I will be moving over the next few months. Maybe they would be interested in it?
I have been considering purchasing a 2014 RT-S but it will be later Summer if I do?

Asdgirl
06-01-2014, 02:22 PM
I may have to check out this dealer. I rode by there today and noticed they have changed their name or were bought out from the old dealer?

I have a dead 1982 XS650SJ Yamaha that I need to get rid of since I will be moving over the next few months. Maybe they would be interested in it?
I have been considering purchasing a 2014 RT-S but it will be later Summer if I do?

If I heard the conversation between a service guy and a customer, they don't buy anything older yah ten years so no,5)3 probably wouldn't be. I want a new bike too but between the new FJR, an older (09 maybe?) FJR in need of some repair, and a '12 Kawi Z1000 in the garage I will not be.. Lol

Asdgirl
06-10-2014, 06:57 AM
Well I got the bike back last Friday. I will say that it feels better than it did when I took it off the show room floor! Unfortunately, even though they said they fixed the dying at hot start it did it to me again this weekend pulling out of a gas station. :banghead: I called to let them know that it was still happening and that I wasn't sure when I would have it back to them (couldn't this have happened in the winter!?) ;) but anyway. They've been friendly to deal with and when I asked questions they answered them thoroughly. I am disappointed they haven't fixed the big problem, especially after telling me this wasn't the first one they had seen or fixed, but overall I am not unhappy. :thumbup:

jeromeb
06-10-2014, 05:57 PM
Cartersville Canam Extreme Propulsion, has a great master tech thatI have used for 3 years. They only do Canam work and are very responsive. I travel 150 miles each way to use their tech.
Jerry
Columbus, Ga

Asdgirl
06-11-2014, 07:44 AM
Cartersville Canam Extreme Propulsion, has a great master tech thatI have used for 3 years. They only do Canam work and are very responsive. I travel 150 miles each way to use their tech.
Jerry
Columbus, Ga

I like the idea but I have a prepaid maintenance plan with MMS so I'll be sticking with them :)

Pennyrick
06-11-2014, 09:36 AM
I like the idea but I have a prepaid maintenance plan with MMS so I'll be sticking with them :)

We too have maintenance agreements with MMS for both our RT's but that is all that I will now allow them to perform until our service agreements expire.

For anything other than routine maintenance we will use Extreme Propulsion in Cartersville or Freedom Motorsports in Lawrenceville. I perfer the Cartersville dealership because they only work on Can Am products and appear to have a more qualified technician.

There have been too many changes at the MMS in Conyers (nine employees turned over in the past five months) and (seemingly), too much emphasis on other brands or the Can Am watersports machines. The MMS Lithia Springs or Marietta locations are not that much farther for us than heading north to Cartersville.

After the purge of employees (voluntary or not) at the Conyers location there seems to be a different attitude around the place and it definitely doesn't seem very positive to me. Unhappy employees lead to poor work habits in my experience.

MarkLawson
06-11-2014, 09:40 AM
We too have maintenance agreements with MMS for both our RT's but that is all that I will now allow them to perform until our service agreements expire.

For anything other than routine maintenance we will use Extreme Propulsion in Cartersville or Freedom Motorsports in Lawrenceville. I perfer the Cartersville dealership because they only work on Can Am products and appear to have a more qualified technician.

There have been too many changes at the MMS in Conyers (nine employees turned over in the past five months) and (seemingly), too much emphasis on other brands or the Can Am watersports machines. The MMS Lithia Springs or Marietta locations are not that much farther for us than heading north to Cartersville.

After the purge of employees (voluntary or not) at the Conyers location there seems to be a different attitude around the place and it definitely doesn't seem very positive to me. Unhappy employees lead to poor work habits in my experience.

MMS hired Josh, the only certified BRP tech that was at FMS in Lawrenceville. FMS was planning to send their other tech to school to get certified, but I don't know if they have yet. FMS's Service Manager, Bo, seems to be a great guy. I have a great relationship with him. Just spoke with Bo and was told that Nick, the other service tech has not yet attended the school, although he's been working on them for 2 years now.

Asdgirl
06-11-2014, 11:56 AM

Yes, I agree. Anything non-PPM related I will take it somewhere else, most likely Freedom. I was working at the Conyers location when it all went down and there is a different vibe for sure. I probably will not take my bike back to them again (but they are SO convenient to home!) nor will I buy a bike from them again. The service department there can suck it. Not necessarily Josh (their can-am guy) but the rest of them sure can. That place used to be pretty good, now I don't even want to step foot in there to visit with my old co-workers. I JUST posted something on Facebook with an article where I commented something similar; unhappy employees lead to a poor workplace. :bowdown:

Asdgirl
06-11-2014, 12:31 PM
MMS hired Josh, the only certified BRP tech that was at FMS in Lawrenceville. FMS was planning to send their other tech to school to get certified, but I don't know if they have yet. FMS's Service Manager, Bo, seems to be a great guy. I have a great relationship with him. Just spoke with Bo and was told that Nick, the other service tech has not yet attended the school, although he's been working on them for 2 years now.

Josh is a great guy. Unfortunately I took my bike to him when it was having these die-on-hot-start issues and he had no idea what was wrong and gave it back with no real explanation. I have a feeling he is so overworked there that he's just fumbling through all the bikes and trying to get them back to their owners. I mean, heck, one call over to MMS Lithia Springs would have given him his answer, just as I got as soon as I asked the question. 'Yes, we have heard of this issue, we have two bikes in right now with that same problem'. I always say if you don't know then ask someone who might. :D