PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have this helmet

arntufun
05-29-2014, 06:19 AM
This seems like it's a great idea for a helmet without a chin strap, anyone have this ?????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=7tgDNPM4IUY

Saluda
05-29-2014, 06:49 AM
No I don't. People never stop thinking.

Bob Denman
05-29-2014, 06:58 AM
It'll require a whole lot more care during the removal and donning process if you wear glasses... :shocked:
But it sure does look promising! :thumbup:
Do you know if they're actually available for sale here?
(I wonder what the D.O.T. standards make of them?)

cuznjohn
05-29-2014, 07:04 AM
i like the shark evoline but they don't make it in my size

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCmJt8bc7TI

PrairieSpyder
05-29-2014, 07:23 AM
I tried the Shark Evoline and it didn't really work for me. It was very round.

arntufun
05-29-2014, 07:37 AM
It'll require a whole lot more care during the removal and donning process if you wear glasses... :shocked:
But it sure does look promising! :thumbup:
Do you know if they're actually available for sale here?
(I wonder what the D.O.T. standards make of them?)

Good point, so i went to their website and found no distributors in the US.........:banghead: I hope they get approval because I really like this idea.

Bob Denman
05-29-2014, 07:50 AM
I'll help you keep an eye out for them :D; it's a VERY interesting setup! :2thumbs:

spydaman60
05-29-2014, 07:58 AM
Good point, so i went to their website and found no distributors in the US.........:banghead: I hope they get approval because I really like this idea.probably waiting for dot approval! red tape can delay introduction!!

Vidman
05-29-2014, 08:06 AM
Very interesting. BMW forum had a reply. 4/1/14, from Voztec stating 2nd half of 2014 in US and pricing comparable to Arai. Whatever either statement really means is up in the air.

BajaRon
05-29-2014, 08:12 AM
Looks interesting. Not much information on it out there. I can't find any specs like weight, weight distribution, head shape, etc. I don't see where they are for sale anywhere.

Sure like to try one on though.

Bob Denman
05-29-2014, 08:19 AM
Very interesting. BMW forum had a reply. 4/1/14, from Voztec stating 2nd half of 2014 in US and pricing comparable to Arai. Whatever either statement really means is up in the air.

Thanks! :thumbup: :clap:

PrairieSpyder
05-29-2014, 08:27 AM
Very interesting. . . . and pricing comparable to Arai. Whatever either statement really means is up in the air.

That means they will be expensive. Prolly over $500

bcoulter19
05-29-2014, 10:13 AM
On the Voztec if y0u looked on their web site and clicked on the distributors map is says under construction for every where not just the United States. they really don't want to sell any of these things do they.

flaggerphil
05-29-2014, 10:18 AM
To me it would seem getting it off after an accident would be problematic, but who knows. Arai helmets are also Snell rated and there's no way these an be. Seems like an awful lot of money for the helmet but I don't know how well they actually protect. It will be interesting to see.

Chupaca
05-29-2014, 10:22 AM
:popcorn: wonder if they have studies on the effect in accidents. A lot has to be done for liability purposes...We ryde with the modular so we're out...:thumbup:

Bob Denman
05-29-2014, 10:41 AM
To me it would seem getting it off after an accident would be problematic, but who knows. Arai helmets are also Snell rated and there's no way these an be. Seems like an awful lot of money for the helmet but I don't know how well they actually protect. It will be interesting to see.
I don't believe that any of the Modular helmets can meet the Snell Standards...
It's D.O.T., or nothing... ;)

Dan_Ashley
05-29-2014, 10:55 AM
To get it off you gotta slide those two little latches on the side. Will those get stuck---I mean if you were in a dust storm, or if you crashed? Then what? Get a battery powered Dremmel out of your saddle bag?

PrairieSpyder
05-29-2014, 11:10 AM
Having an EMT get it off would be a problem for a lot of helmets. I'm currently shopping for a full-face, non-modular helmet, and considering the Shoei. It has 2 red tabs on the sides to quickly release the collar in case of emergency.

bscrive
05-29-2014, 11:13 AM
That is a really cool design. But, if the price is too high I don't think people will be convinced to try it. Also, trying to get a DOT certificate without a chin strap will be a huge undertaking. Government departments are pretty slow when it comes to approving new ideas like that.

Bob Denman
05-29-2014, 11:18 AM
http://us.ridexperience.metzeler.com/2013/02/voztec-helmets-to-go-on-sale-this-year/

sddinnh
05-29-2014, 11:21 AM
Ought to be easy to get speakers and a mic into :clap: I'd like to see a bigger eye opening though. That one looks like you'd have tunnel vision.

DrewNJ
05-29-2014, 11:38 AM
And a flip down sun visor. I will never own another helmet without a flip down sun visor.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Bob Denman
05-29-2014, 11:40 AM
THAT's an item that my next lid will have to have! :2thumbs:

NetJunkie
05-29-2014, 11:51 AM
Having an EMT get it off would be a problem for a lot of helmets. I'm currently shopping for a full-face, non-modular helmet, and considering the Shoei. It has 2 red tabs on the sides to quickly release the collar in case of emergency.

Love my RF-1200. Comfortable and works really well. You can swap out visors in about 10 seconds to go from clear to smoke to whatever.

PrairieSpyder
05-29-2014, 12:25 PM
Love my RF-1200. Comfortable and works really well. You can swap out visors in about 10 seconds to go from clear to smoke to whatever.

That's the one I'm considering. But it doesn't have the drop-down visor. In August they have a photochromic shield for it, though. My problem is that I'm right on the cusp between small and X-small. So I'm waiting for the XS to arrive so I can try it out.

BajaRon
05-29-2014, 12:39 PM
... trying to get a DOT certificate without a chin strap will be a huge undertaking. Government departments are pretty slow when it comes to approving new ideas like that.

This may be exactly why it is taking so long to launch this product. Government's in general don't take kindly to innovation. Double or triple that for safety equipment. Anything that has to be certified by the government is going to take a long time anyway.

I wouldn't necessarily worry about a non-Snell rated helmet. Several well built DOT only helmets have fared better in MC crash testing than Snell rated helmets. Snell was originally developed to rate car helmets (which does not translate well into a MC helmet). Over the years Snell has acknowledged this and has developed a separate MC Snell rating. But they have not completely abandoned their car helmet testing parameters.

ARtraveler
05-29-2014, 02:37 PM
Interesting concept. For those that find a full face helmet to be claustrophobic, I think the new helmet adds to that dimension.

BajaRon
05-29-2014, 03:17 PM
Interesting concept. For those that find a full face helmet to be claustrophobic, I think the new helmet adds to that dimension.

This is a great looking helmet and comes from a very popular heritage.

I would like to know what you think of this helmet. I'm assuming you got the N-44 Tech. They have gotten some good reviews but I'd like to know your opinion since you don't have a dog in the race. Since I carry the Nolan line I like to be able to give people an idea of what they are getting.

http://www.extremesupply.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/600x600/nolan/nolan-n44-tech-helmet.jpg

The non-Tech version is the same helmet for a little less money. I guess it's the graphic that makes the difference in price.

http://www.extremesupply.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/600x600/nolan/nolan-n44-storm-helmet.jpg

The

ARtraveler
05-29-2014, 04:21 PM
This is a great looking helmet and comes from a very popular heritage.

I would like to know what you think of this helmet. I'm assuming you got the N-44 Tech. They have gotten some good reviews but I'd like to know your opinion since you don't have a dog in the race. Since I carry the Nolan line I like to be able to give people an idea of what they are getting.

http://www.extremesupply.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/600x600/nolan/nolan-n44-tech-helmet.jpg

The non-Tech version is the same helmet for a little less money. I guess it's the graphic that makes the difference in price.

http://www.extremesupply.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/600x600/nolan/nolan-n44-storm-helmet.jpg

The

To start with, I am a fan of Nolan helmets. I currently own 5 of them. I have both an N43 and a N44 with the chin guard. The N44 is a couple years old and I am aware that the N44 has been updated. Also have 3 of the full face 102-and 103 versions.

I currently have an order in for one in Cab Yellow to match my new steed. I went through the local supplier--but they are now dragging on two weeks. I am going to follow up and you may be hearing from me.

My opinion on the Nolan's. A very excellent helmet with many features. I like the drop down sunshade and the fact that I can choose chin bar or not on the N44. Lighter weight than previous--also a bonus for me. I note that now the sunshade is spring loaded and a touch of the button raises the sunshade without any hassle. I would recommend the Nolan to any and all. We use Sena communicators and they attach nicely on the Nolans we have. Did not like the N-com system using built-ins on some of the models.

UPDATE: EDIT: Ron has some very good prices on the helmet and is not mercenary when it comes to shipping. I would recommend buying them from "the man."

DrewNJ
05-29-2014, 08:43 PM
That's the one I'm considering. But it doesn't have the drop-down visor. In August they have a photochromic shield for it, though. My problem is that I'm right on the cusp between small and X-small. So I'm waiting for the XS to arrive so I can try it out.

Check out the GT-Air. Its as close to an Rf-1200 as you can get with a drop visor.
They also seemed to run on the small side so a small may fit closer to an xsmall for you.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

dadof4
05-29-2014, 09:16 PM
That is a fantastic idea. Easy to put on and no chin strap. Sell it in the U.S.!

flaggerphil
05-29-2014, 09:31 PM
I don't believe that any of the Modular helmets can meet the Snell Standards...
It's D.O.T., or nothing... ;)

Yup...no modular helmets can be Snell rated. Actually, even helmets with drop down sun visors can't be Snell rated.

Oldmanzues
05-30-2014, 08:45 AM
i like the shark evoline but they don't make it in my size

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCmJt8bc7TI
I have Series 2 like this. I love it. comfortable to wear, althou it feel heavy when you pick it up. I wear the visor down most of the time, but at slow speeds (andadded/or PGR Missions), the visor is up and still looks okay.
Oldmanzues

I should say, chin bar, not visor.

Tango
05-30-2014, 08:53 AM
Plastic locks? I don't think so. Not for me! :yikes: Tom :trike:

bscrive
05-30-2014, 11:15 AM
Yup...no modular helmets can be Snell rated. Actually, even helmets with drop down sun visors can't be Snell rated.

Actually, that is not true Phil,

The Zeus ZS-3000 series helmet was Snell M2005 up to the medium size I believe. We had a couple of them but they didn't fit us very well. Nice looking helmet but they hurt my ears after a while.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/zeus-helmet/zeus-3000/

mrb
05-30-2014, 05:37 PM

If you check out their other videos you will see they have an emergency release on top of the helmet for EMT use. The helmet then splits into two totally separate parts and is safely removable they say.

SNOOPY
06-28-2014, 08:21 PM
Anyone have this helmet? :roflblack:

http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv61/fastestshelby2/head_zps43e46ced.jpg (http://s670.photobucket.com/user/fastestshelby2/media/head_zps43e46ced.jpg.html)

cyclelover63
06-29-2014, 02:22 AM
This seems like it's a great idea for a helmet without a chin strap, anyone have this ?????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=7tgDNPM4IUY

That helmet with no strap looks like it would really hold the heat in,and maybe be a little claustrophobic for me..:dontknow: