PDA

View Full Version : Electronic Deer Whistle

Lou
05-28-2014, 12:21 PM
Has anybody tried one of these Deer Whistle's? I almost hit a bunch of them the other week and friend of mine said to check this product out;

http://www.xp3hornet.com/

Texas
05-28-2014, 12:42 PM
I haven't thried those, but I have tried other ones through the years. I can't say they all took off running away from the road as I was approching. They just did the same thing they always do; give me that unpredictable stare along with a stance indicating they could take off at any second in any direction. They're deer. In the middle of the day, I don't watch for them so much, but when the sun starts to go down, and well in to the night, I'm watching the sides of the road just as much as I am watching the road itself. I feel that lights that help to light up the sides of the road is a better investiment than a high frequency noise maker.

flaggerphil
05-28-2014, 12:44 PM
Consumer Reports did a study a few years ago that pretty much showed deer whistles don't work. I had deer whistles on my cars when I lived in the wilds of WV in the '90s and it did absolutely nothing to repel them from the side of the road. IMHO, save your money for other neat things and just keep your eyes peeled.

edmarino
05-28-2014, 12:48 PM
Save your money they don't work.

Chupaca
05-28-2014, 02:43 PM
they may get there attention and help them jump away from the sound. But in the long run you have no way of telling. Sold a lot of them in Texas to tour bikers. The bikes that came in from deer accidents did not have the whistles but most were toast abd never came to the shop..:dontknow:

Eagle1
05-28-2014, 03:21 PM
Hi, I have had deer whistles on several vehicles, including the Canam. I have noticed that when I approach deer beside the road, the deer is still, heads are up and alert, but they stay still. They only cost a couple of bucks so, it is worth it
Ride Safe.

Bob Denman
05-28-2014, 05:04 PM
There's no guarantees where they're gonna go, once they bolt! :shocked:
I've been filling out accident reports in this office for almost 36 years' now... I've seen LOTS of deer whisltes hanging off of bloody bumpers. :shocked:

bmccaffrey
05-28-2014, 06:00 PM
Why would you want to whistle for them there around enough no need to whistle them in LOL:roflblack:

There JUNK SCAM.Save your money:yikes:

retirednick
05-28-2014, 07:18 PM
Yep, had that on my Yamaha RSV. Called it my anti elephant whistle cause it sure didn't make the deer go the other way.

Bob Denman
05-28-2014, 07:44 PM
:shocked: Maybe you mounted it backwards? :D

Dan_Ashley
05-28-2014, 07:50 PM
:shocked: Maybe you mounted it backwards? :Dthen wouldn't attract deer?

05-28-2014, 08:00 PM
Put a referee's whistle in your mouth and blow every time you exhale would probably work better, might even keep you more alert.

cjackg
05-28-2014, 08:09 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=79032&d=1384216408

DJFaninTN
05-28-2014, 08:12 PM
anyone who has ever hunted and wanted to stop a deer running … one thing you can do is whistle. stops them just about every time.

i don't want a deer to stop. i want him to keep on moving so no deer whistles for me and yes live in very populated deer area.

Saluda
05-28-2014, 08:21 PM
There are those that believe and those that do not. For the small cost and the results so far I believe they're worth it.

Woodsrider
05-29-2014, 12:56 AM
Has anybody tried one of these Deer Whistle's? I almost hit a bunch of them the other week and friend of mine said to check this product out;

http://www.xp3hornet.com/

Have that exact model, does a great job of catching pedestrian attention. No clew if it helps with Deer. Worth the money just for the anti-pedestrian action.