PDA

View Full Version : Parking

GMAN9
05-28-2014, 12:01 PM
This maybe a silly question....was at Lowe's the other day...dreaming of driving my future Spyder around on different errands....saw a couple of 2 wheelers parked in the yellow stripped area at the end of the parking rows....the Spyder being wider....do most Spyder owners park in the yellow stripped areas or do you just take up a regualr parking space! Inquiring minds want to know.

Thx

Bob Denman
05-28-2014, 12:03 PM
I take a full spot... it gives me room on each side so that doors can't cause damage... :shocked:

bcoulter19
05-28-2014, 12:06 PM
:agree:

Bill C.

Larry rt
05-28-2014, 12:07 PM
Try to park , ware one side is protected . Basket cage , end of row next to pole .

SpyderAnn01
05-28-2014, 12:07 PM
If I am by myself I take a parking space. I don't usually pull all the way forward, as I have seen cars think the spot is empty and I worry that someone will hit me. If my husband is with me on 2 wheels we share 1 spot.

eLeetSpyder
05-28-2014, 12:14 PM
I park in the Yellow lines if the area is big enough. Usually there is a light pole there and illuminates the area. If not I back in to a full spot, but not the whole way to the back. I always hated when I'd go to pull into a spot in my Jeep and a small compact would be there, you can't see it until your right up on it.

USAFE7RET
05-28-2014, 12:27 PM
Basically, the diagonal lines at the end of the parking row indicate DO NOT PARK HERE, but it has been my experience that a fair number of our fellow riders feel that certain rules do not apply to them and they can park anywhere they please.

If you park there, and joe blow contractor with his dually and trailer cut the corner a little to short and take out you bike, don't expect much sympathy from either the big box store or your insurance adjuster.

flaggerphil
05-28-2014, 12:46 PM
I use regular parking places, except when I go to Walmart (as infrequently as possible) then I park up with the other motorcycles.

cuznjohn
05-28-2014, 12:52 PM
i use a full spot also

happyspyder2039
05-28-2014, 01:28 PM
This maybe a silly question....was at Lowe's the other day...dreaming of driving my future Spyder around on different errands....saw a couple of 2 wheelers parked in the yellow stripped area at the end of the parking rows....the Spyder being wider....do most Spyder owners park in the yellow stripped areas or do you just take up a regualr parking space! Inquiring minds want to know.

Thx
Full spot usually - backing in on end or next to island with parking on 1 side of spyder only

ARtraveler
05-28-2014, 01:40 PM
I use a full spot if I have to go to the box store. I want to give :ani29: as much room as possible in case there are careless people in the area.

samewok
05-28-2014, 02:03 PM
I use the yellow striped area. The store manager said to use it other than a full spot.

Chupaca
05-28-2014, 02:17 PM
Even though walking is no longer that easy I will park away from the crowded parking slots and go where there is room and park to the outer edge. The way angry parking lot drivers pull into slots they may not stop in time once the see your spyder there...truth be told.. outside parking lots scare me..!!:spyder:

bruiser
05-28-2014, 03:34 PM
Usually take a full spot. We can get both Spyders in one spot. I will occasionally park in the "yellow" zone if I'm alone. At Lowes here I sometimes park up under the overhang near the garden center. I completely stay away from the contractor end unless I'm in my truck.

Friend of mine parked his Harley there one afternoon in a regular parking spot. A "foreign" contractor employee backed his trailer right into the bike, knocked it over and went over top of it. Fortunately someone got the license number and it was on the security camera. They didn't get the driver but the company that owned the truck had to pay up.

mrfats
05-28-2014, 03:54 PM
I always park in a full spot...

Cavman
05-28-2014, 04:40 PM
Usually in a full spot if one is close to entrance. Sometimes in the blue striped area as I have a HandiCap license plate. I may also park in the white striped area and try to be next to a light pole.

retirednick
05-28-2014, 07:21 PM
I use the regular size spot, and often as not because the Spyder is not front and centre at the entrance way, I don't have to fight people standing around wondering who made that thing.

KatLen0405
05-29-2014, 03:06 PM
It depends, most times a full spot, strategically parked and positioned. Sometimes though, if we go head out for dinner and go downtown, they have back in spots for motorcycles. We prefer that and just fit between the lines. No worry from other riders as of yet.

Anyone ever try and valet park their Spyder yet? They may get it parked if it was in gear on flat ground. Not sure they could get it back to me with all the buttons to push and the safety warning screen before it will fire up.

PK

Yes, my hubby and I have tried to valet our Spyders:ohyea:. There is a restaurant that we frequent that offers free valet service. However, our usual valet guy just laughed and said "I don't think so!" :hun::hun:and pointed us to some prime parking spaces. FYI - We did offer to give him a quick lesson in the unoccuppied area of the lot! :clap::clap:

DriftersWay
05-29-2014, 04:00 PM

Thx

Around here those yellow striped areas is a fire lane. If there is a light pole there should be a sign on it.
I learned with a $50 fine to show for it.

Frime78
05-29-2014, 04:19 PM
Basically, the diagonal lines at the end of the parking row indicate DO NOT PARK HERE, but it has been my experience that a fair number of our fellow riders feel that certain rules do not apply to them and they can park anywhere they please.

If you park there, and joe blow contractor with his dually and trailer cut the corner a little to short and take out you bike, don't expect much sympathy from either the big box store or your insurance adjuster.

You are quite right

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

dadof4
05-29-2014, 10:31 PM
If I am by myself I take a parking space. I don't usually pull all the way forward, as I have seen cars think the spot is empty and I worry that someone will hit me. If my husband is with me on 2 wheels we share 1 spot.

I see I'm not the only one they worries about someone thinking the spot is empty. Like you I also pull forward in the spot.

KX5062
05-30-2014, 09:02 AM
Full spot usually - backing in on end or next to island with parking on 1 side of spyder only

Same here.