PDA

View Full Version : Niagra Falls Motel on Canadian side

SPYD1
05-27-2014, 06:48 PM
Does anyone have a recommendation for a Motel on the Canadian side near Niagra Falls that is reasonable and clean? En route to Americade from the states. Looking of a Saturday night.

SpyderAnn01
05-27-2014, 06:59 PM
I can tell you which one to avoid! Don't stay at the Knight's Inn, it was creepy and dirty.

sddinnh
05-27-2014, 07:01 PM
There's a Hilton right there at the falls. Pricey, but great views.

SPYD1
05-27-2014, 07:14 PM
Good start! Trying to avoid creepy and expensive.

tigerdr
05-27-2014, 07:50 PM
Look at Trivago.ca website....

teadave
05-27-2014, 08:51 PM
Howard Johnson Hotel By The Falls
5905 Victoria Avenue
Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
1-800-565-4656
and right across the street:
Courtyard by Marriott
5950 Victoria Ave, Niagara Falls ON, L2G 3L7 1 (800) 771-1123
Sorry, just re-read your message. Saturday night in the falls is probably booked up and damn expensive!

Raknid
05-27-2014, 08:52 PM
I can tell you which one to avoid! Don't stay at the Knight's Inn, it was creepy and dirty.

Oh, gosh....I know where that is.

Raknid
05-27-2014, 08:55 PM
On the US side during season, the decent hotels get very pricey for what you get. I guess they need to make up for the slow winter season. Not sure if it is different on the Canadian side, but the Canadian side is much cleaner.

SpyderAnn01
05-27-2014, 09:49 PM
Another thing to remember is that the Canadian customs people will make you remove your full face helmet. Not a big deal unless you're the only one in your group with a full face helmet and the others are in a hurry. :banghead:

ARCTIC
05-27-2014, 10:47 PM
Embassy Suites. The higher up your room is the better the view. Don't go cheap on the hotel. It's great sitting looking out those huge hotel room windows at the falls.

cognaccruiser
05-28-2014, 09:49 AM
Another thing to remember is that the Canadian customs people will make you remove your full face helmet. Not a big deal unless you're the only one in your group with a full face helmet and the others are in a hurry. :banghead:

LOL. The US border agents make us do the same thing. And glasses too. Not that I object. It's just that it takes a lot of time and finding a place to put everything is a pain. Last time when traveling on our Wing, I ended up handing my glasses to the agent so they wouldn't fall on the ground. The folks we were traveling with who were in a car and a different lane thought we had got through first and took off like a scalded cat. Finally met at our destination.

Gary

ValCruzSpyder
05-28-2014, 12:12 PM
Both the wife and I have been to Niagara Falls on the Canadian side on several occasions. Here are some of the places we have stayed; Best Western, Wyndham, Red Coach, Skyline Inn, Great Wolf Lodge, Days Inn, and Howard Johnsons. These are all I can remember right off the top of my head. There are a few B&B's along the Niagara River. Friends of ours have stayed in a few and have had wonderful experiences. No matter where you stay, you are assured a warm welcome. Do a little online shopping. You'll be glad you did. Let us know how it works out for you!!! HAVE FUN!!!!!

Motorcycledave
05-31-2014, 05:09 PM
That is the best place and it will not cost an arm or a leg.20 floor to 26th is best view
You could not pay me to stay on the U.S. side...
Only my opinion
Dave